Chapter 1-Bottled Up

Mark-

"Sean, are you ready?"

No response. Typical.

"Come on, get your lazy ass off the couch and go get yourself looking presentable."

"For what?"

"Therapy, Sean."

"I don't need therapy. I'm not going."

I pinch the bridge of my nose and let out a breath."Yes, you are."

"I don't take orders from you. You're not my father, my boss, or my boyfriend, and I don't have to listen to a damn thing you say."

Ouch. That stings, and he knows it.

"Well, I'm a concerned friend."

He scoffs. "Yea, quite some friend. That's why you made me fall down the stairs."

"I didn't-" I bite back a sharp retort and sigh. "Come on, Sean. Disinterest in activities and social interaction is a symptom of depression, it's called anhedonia."

"I don't give a fuck what it's called! I'm not depressed! And if I am, the only thing making me feel that way is your naggy ass!"

I feel my hands clench into fists. The doctors said not to lose my temper with him, but I'm past that point.

"Naggy? Me, naggy? You've got to be fucking kidding me right now. I'm trying to help you! And I'm not the one making you go to therapy, the doctors are. You need to talk to someone so that you don't keep all your feelings bottled up inside of you and kill yourself!" I spit the words at him.

He looks at me, his blue eyes ice cold. "Why do you care? You'd be happy if I did." he says and gets up from the couch, grabbing his keys and phone. He walks past me, grabs the paper with the address of the therapist's office from the table and stalks out, slamming the door behind him.