Chapter 23- Don't Care

(Play the song when you get to Mark's POV)

Sean-

I open my eyes, and find that my whole body just... aches. It hurts to move, so I don't. Not like I could've, as I was in a... a straitjacket? I struggle a bit, calling out for help.
"SOMEONE! PLEASE!" I cry out desperately, my breathing quickening. I see Janet peek into the room from the window. I try to get up and go to her, but as soon as I stand, I trip and fall to the floor.

I lay there, unable to stand up, nose touching the floor. "Janet! Mark!" I yell, but get no answer.

I squeeze my eyes shut, calling out for them multiple times before falling silent. They aren't coming. Why will they?

I hear a crackle, a burst of static electricity, and I hear Janet's voice. "Sean? Stop struggling."

I look up, freezing for a moment.
"J-Janet?" I ask weakly.

"Yea. Sean, I really don't know if this is a good idea, based on yesterday, but we're hoping that there's a part of Mark that will still listen to you, that you can get through to him, because he won't listen to any of us." she says.

"Wh... What do you mean?" I question feebly, laying down on my back.

(Start the song now.)

Mark-

"Mark? Do you need to use the bathroom?"
I shake my head slightly, and I hear footsteps retreat, a door open and close. I continue staring at the ceiling. They finally unchained me from the desk chair.
I just woke up from a nap. All I've done since the incident is sit here, lay here, answering their questions, such as-
"Do you need to use the restroom, Mark?"
A simple shake or nod of the head answers, and if I say yes, they lead me to the bathroom in the hall. After that I go back to my room, back to the bed.
"Mark, do you want to eat?"
I shake my head no, every time. After a while of this, the need to relieve myself lessens too, and I find myself saying no to the first question.
Janet just came in a few minutes ago. She reminds me that as my nurse as well as counselor, my health is her priority, and if I don't eat soon, she'll put a feeding tube in my stomach. To this, I say nothing, staring at the ceiling, and she sighs, walking out.

She soon comes back, and I look over to see her with Sea- Jack outside of the door. He was in a straitjacket. I instantly pale, seeing him. He looks miserable, avoiding my gaze and saying something to Janet. She gives a small nod, and he nods back, and she takes off the jacket.

I turn away, scooting myself closer to the edge of the bed, against the wall, and say nothing.

I hear his footsteps. They're soft, and quiet, slowly getting louder as they got closer. He then stops, sitting down next to me.
"Mark?" He asks softly.

I ignore him. I don't care anymore. He was right, all those things he said. Why does he have to be here to rub it in? They think I'm insane now, for certain, why couldn't he just let me rot here in peace?

"Mark, please talk to me." He whispers, and I can hear a small break in his voice.

I jerk my head to the side slightly. I'm sure he's just doing this because Janet asked him. He doesn't care.

Sighing, I decide to stop being a little bitch and roll my head so that it's not facing the wall but the ceiling instead.

He slowly puts his hand to my head, moving it back and forth. He's trying to calm me down, to make me putty in his hands. I won't let him. I won't let him control me, manipulate me so all he could do is throw me out when he's done. I won't.

I close my eyes, trying to ignore the feeling of calm spreading through me. I hated it, yes, but it still managed to affect me.

"Mark..." he says calmly and quietly. "Can you please eat? I'm worried about you." He's not worried about me. Why would he be?