Chapter 29- One Word Answers

Mark-

"B-But... but the men... the men, they told me that- that I did it." He whimpers softly. "They locked me away, a-and put me in a straitjacket. I'm so lonely, and my head hurts. I'm so sorry!" He sounds like he's going to start crying.

"I think she loves you, Mark." Dark says with a frown.

I blink. "W-what?"
My heart breaks at Sean words. In a soft voice I say "Sean, they don't know what really happened, and even if they did, they wouldn't believe you. I'm sorry, love."

Dark sighs.
"You heard me."

Sean then actually starts to cry. Hearing it practically tears my heart in half.

"I want to go home, Mark! I've hated this place ever since we'd gotten here! I miss Chica, I miss video games, I-I miss our f-fans!" Sean sobs out.

"I know, I know, so do I. I'm gonna fix this, okay? I got us in here, I'll get us out. Trust me." I say in a soothing voice. I can hear that he's trying to calm down from his heavy breathing, but I'm still worried.

Dark looks to the speaker, then vanishes again.

"Please, baby, relax, deep breaths, it's okay." I say, speaking loudly over Sean's sobs.

Everything goes quiet, and Dark returns a minute later. "Well?" I ask, standing up.

"I made him sleep. His sobbing was annoying." Dark mumbles, walking over to a chair and sitting down.

I glower. "You could try to have a bit of sympathy." I say, but I'm glad he's resting, at peace for a bit, and move my mind to other things. "So. Janet."

"What about her?" Dark asks, looking up at the ceiling.

"She's the queen of France, that's what." I retort sarcastically. "You said she...loves me?"

"Yes." Dark nods, still staring at the ceiling.

I scowl, getting tired with the one- word answers.

I chew on my lip. I mean, Janet, she's one of the nicest people I've met, and she is pretty, and I've only known her for a few days, and her patience was practically endless, but I'm with Sean...I don't want to hurt anyone, and I have no idea what the hell I feel.

Dark sighs softly, closing his eyes for a moment. He seems so tense, but so relaxed at the same time.

I stand up, moving to a chair next to Dark. He opens one eye at me, then closes it, clasping his hands together in front of him and crossing one leg over the other. "What else do you want?" He mumbles, letting out a labored exhale.

"Jeez, nothing. Calm your tits." I turn to him. "So what are we gonna do?"

"You are just gonna sit there and look pretty. I am going to venture into your boyfriend's head to try and kill his demon." Dark mutters, then opens an eye again. "You owe me one."

I nod. "Can't argue with that."

He sighs, then vanishes in a puff of black smoke.