Chapter 14- Don't Die Yet

Sean

My eyes widen at this, and I look down at Chica. I have to do something, and fast. I dash over to Mark, my mind racing over what I can do. CPR seems like the best option at this point. I kneel down, opening Mark's mouth a small bit and biting my lip. "Don't die yet." I whisper.

Chica puts her face in front of mine, whining and licking Mark's face, as though trying to wake him up, but it's not doing anything but getting in the way. Chica barks again, right in Mark's face. I remember reading somewhere that dogs can sense death, and dying people...my heart rate picks up at this thought, the opposite of what Mark's is doing.

I put a hand to Mark's cheek, ignoring the sticky drying blood. I guess I was unconsciously expecting his skin to be warm, just like his personality, and yank it back when I touch skin that isn't cold, but definitely not what a living human's should feel like.

I take a shaky breath, pressing my palms to his chest, pushing down. I count until I get to ten, then connect our lips and try to give him some air. I repeat my movements, trying to ignore the tears in my eyes. This is my fault. It's my job to make it right.

When my efforts do nothing, I panic, going faster, hitting his chest almost violently. At the same time, I can't help but feel a bit repulsed when my lips touch his, after what he did. Next to me, Chica whines, and not thinking clearly, I smack his chest. "Come on!"

Soon enough, I hear sirens outside, and I dash over to the door, throwing it open and calling to them. The paramedics push past me, and I shout at them that Mark is dying. It doesn't seem to make them move any quicker.   

********************************

Sorry guys, longer chapter tomorrow, I promise.