14 || Who Are You? pt.1 (a.b.h.)

Who Are You?

Who Are You?

(1)

"Y/N?" Your mother's weak voice called for you from in the living room. You were currently in the kitchen, making her her daily chicken noodle soup for dinner. Your mother was very sick, struggling with Alzheimer's disease.

"Yeah?" You asked, waiting for the soup to heat up in the pot.

"Can you go out to the store and get me some medicine? The doctor finally prescribed me NAMZARIC." She said.

You glanced at the soup on the stove and figured that you'd have enough time to go to the store and come back before it boiled over. But just in case, you lowered the heat to only simmer. You walked into the living room, offering your mother a small but reassuring smile.

"Of course," You said. "I'll be right back, okay?"

Your mother smiled at you, "Thank you, baby."

You walked over to her and gave her a kiss on the forehead, "I love you, Mom."

"I love you too, Y/N." She replied before leaning back in her makeshift bed and closing her eyes.

You heart broke every time you saw her in this weakened state. All through your life, your mother was a strong figure, never giving up or letting anything bring her down. That is, until Alzheimer's struck. The disease started off slow, like it usually did. When you realized that her symptoms were a little more than just her having a "bad day", you took her to the doctor's to see if there was anything wrong. When you got back the results, you were devastated to say the least. The doctor recommended that she stay at the hospital but you refused and took her home with you.

You gave your mother one last kiss on the forehead before making your way to the front door and grabbing a raincoat from the rack and an umbrella from a bucket. It was raining pretty hard outside and you didn't necessarily want to be soaked to the bone by the time you got to the driver's seat.