Here We Go Again

Ember sat down in a meeting that she knew she would be uncomfortable in.

"So, Ember, unfortunately, we don't see you as a good fit for Smackdown. You will continue to be an on-screen girlfriend/valet for Balor."

Ember could scream right now. The way Finn does his entrance there isn't room for another person. Hunter wasn't going to let her go to SD live, so she's stuck with Balor.

"Well, I guess what I want isn't up for debate. I don't want to be his girlfriend. It's a conflict of interest."

Hunter leaned over in his chair. "You have to remember we're doing what's best for business sweetheart. You don't get to pick and choose what you do. If you don't like it, you are welcome to return to NXT and Jules can get your spot."

Jules? Oh no, Ember didn't work this hard to experience that. "I'm good with working with Finn." Ember weakly smiled.

Finn didn't say anything in the meeting. "Thank you sir." Finn nodded, and proceeded to walk out of the office.

Before the two walked out of the office, Hunter said "You two behave."

Ember nodded, and walked out. When they got out into the hallway, she said "So, we're still working together. Great! I'll follow your lead."

"Look, I am not thrilled to continue to work with you either. But, it's what the boss wants. So, let's make the best of it. Join me for lunch, so we can go over the new direction of my character."

"Okay..."

Ember sat with Finn and talked about the new character development.

"Finn, when are you turning heel? I like you better as heel?"

"Soon! I will turn heel when I attack Seth Rollins about my shoulder injury. I missed my first Wrestlemania cause of him!" Finn explained.

"I can completely understand. So, I would have to turn heel as well right?"

"I believe so! You'd make a good heel to with me. We would be unstoppable." Finn smiled at her. Ember caught that and was confused. He needed to know that they would never get back together ever.

"So, Jules.. Is she your girlfriend?" Ember asked, eating her salad. She was quite curious about her.

"If you must know. We fuck from time to time. We've started friends with benefits again." Finn admitted.

"Heard you went on a date with my arch nemesis Jojo. How did that go?"

Finn took a bit of his sandwich. "Mm.. This sandwich is So good. But her no it went left. Thanks to you!"

"Ugh, what did I do?" Ember said, looking up at him.

Finn showed Ember his phone with that picture. "That was our first year anniversary ! When you got me the audition with NXT. That was the best.. I mean ugh.. Why do you have that as your background?"

"It was the best day for me too, because I knew you would make it. But, I'm not interested in Jojo. I wanna give Jules a chance."

"I think you should.."

***

Ember searched for Roman after lunch. She wanted him to know about her character direction with Finn.

She saw him in the gym and ran up to him. "Hey! I gotta talk to you.."

"About what baby?" He said, doing sit ups.

"They are keeping me with Finn. So, if ever see me with him. That's what that is about. Plus, he's messing with that new girl Jules."

"Okay.. I already knew that he was messing with her and that they are keeping you together." He sat up, and wiped his forehead. He took a sip of water from his water bottle.

"I want to talk to you about something. You know we haven't really talked about a future yet."

"Like what ? Children .. Marriage ?"

"Yes!! Of course!"

"Ember, I am recently divorced. I'm not thinking about that right now. I hardly even see Joelle, so I'm not sure I want another child right now."

"Of course not right now.. But what about in the future?"

"I don't know.. I haven't thought that far. Please tell me you're not pregnant." He glared at her.

"No, but if we're just fucking than what are we doing ?"

"I don't bring women I fuck around my family. I am obviously in love with you, but we are on the road 300 days. Settling down right now isn't on my mind."

Ember could feel her throat getting hot. She wanted to cry. What was he talking about ? "So, we're just fucking."

"No! You're not listening to me Ems. I think once you get to a point in your career where you feel accomplished, then we can look at the future. I'm just not ready to get married again."

"Are you afraid you're going to cheat on me?"

"No! I just want to be sure. Plus, weddings aren't cheap. You'll understand one day."

"No, I don't understand ! I give my body to you every night selflessly. I do everything I can to please you. But, we've been at this for over a year now."

"It's not a time thing Ems. It's just that with Finn being in your life again. I'm uneasy about it. I trust you, but I don't know."

Ugh. Here we go with the Finn is the problem saga. I knew coming up on the main roster with Finn's help will bite me in the butt.

"Maybe we should all sit down and talk this out! Finn doesn't want me."

"You can't be that blind! Everyone knows it and everyone talks about it. I'm not sure what you did to him, but he wants you back bad. It's annoying ! He's just waiting for me to fuck up. I know it."

A/N: book highlight and shoutout to Fivefootxo for her book "I Won't Let You Go!" Awesome Roman Reigns story!! You have time to catch up!! Go read and comment on her book ! It's a readers story too! Love it and lots of twists and turns ! Go read it NOW!!!

Thanks for reading my new chapter!

Roman can't stand the fact that Ember still has to work with Finn. Should he sit down and talk with them?

Should Ember be concerned that Roman doesn't want to settle down? Should she go back to Finn?

Comment your thoughts and don't forget to vote lovies!!!

-Ms. Phoenix💋😈