Outsider

Ember found herself laying in Roman's bed. She heard the doorbell ring, and forgot that today. Joelle was coming over. She didn't really feel like she had a real connection with Roman's daughter.

Roman crawled out of the bed, and kissed Ember on the forehead. "But your clothes on. I'll handle Galina, don't worry. Just stay here. "

'Does she know I'm here?"

"Of course. Anytime I home, so are you. This place is our home."

Ember smiled weakly. She had her own apartment, but it was the apartment her and Finn got when she moved to Orlando. Maybe she should move out of it. She rarely stayed there when she returned home. She was always with Roman or his family. "Yeah.."

She watched Roman walk downstairs and she put on her clothes on. She walked downstairs and started cooking breakfast. She overheard Joelle, and Roman talking. She walked into the kitchen. "Hey Ms. Ember."

"Hey Joelle." Ember said going over to her, and giving her a hug.

"So you and my dad are a thing huh?" Joelle asked.

Ember laughed at the young girl's quirkiness and forwardness. "Something like that. How you been?"

"Good spending a lot of time with grandparents. Missing my dad. Definitely.. wish I could go on the road with him."

"Aww... your daddy talks about his princess all the time."

"Yeah.. I miss him so much."

Roman walked into the kitchen and leaned against the bar. "What are my two favorite ladies talking about?"

"She just is happy to be here with her daddy. I want to make sure y'all have time together." Ember smiled. She hoped that one day that if they have children, they would stay married. She wants to raise her children in a two parent home the same way she was raise as a child. That's something really important to her.

"I am so glad she's here." Roman kissed Joelle on the forehead. "Daddy is taking me to Disneyland next weekend, and I can't wait." Joelle said.

"I know sweetheart. Your cousins are going too."

Ember felt left out. He didn't ask her if she wanted to go. Maybe they were doing a daddy/daughter day. She wouldn't stress about it, but just brush it off.

Ember finished cooking breakfast and placed everyone's food on the table. She poured everyone orange juice, and they started eating their food. Ember didn't think she would be a good step mother. It wasn't as easy as she thought.

"Daddy.. are you and Ms. Ember going to have babies? That's what Grammy pat said." Joelle said, eating her breakfast.

Roman glared at Ember, not even sure what to say. "That's not something you need to worry about sweetheart."

"So you don't want to marry her.. cause mommy said you weren't getting married again." Joelle said.

"Why are you even listening to grand folks conversations? Don't worry about it. I won't be anything without your approval baby."

Ember gave him a confused look. So, if Joelle doesn't want him to marry Ember, he won't. Ember finished her food, and started washing the dishes. Roman and Joelle were still at the table.

"Ms. Ember is cool. I like mommy's new boyfriend too." Joelle said, spilling more tea. It was amazing how much children understand and notice.

"New boyfriend?" Roman cleared his throat. "Who is it? Someone I know."

"I am sure you do cause I've seen him at your job. Mr. Brock. He showed me his new title and everything. I hope he marries mommy, cause she's really happy."

Ember couldn't believe this. She had to text Naomi to see if she knew anything.

Ember: Bish.. Galina & Brock
Naomi: Yeah they've been dating for awhile. Who told you ?
Ember: Joelle in here spilling all tea. I cannot!!
Naomi: Is Roman mad?
Ember: Why would he be mad?
Naomi: He's gonna call Galina about it.
Ember: Do you hang with her?
Naomi: She brings Joelle over here when the kids are here . We ain't besties or nothing
Ember: You're my best friend Nay. Don't trade me in for the baby mama
Naomi: Girl boo!

Roman didn't say much. "Good for mommy!" He finally spoke. The rest of the day they watched movies and played with Barbies.

Ember loved their bond, and tried not to be standoffish. She wanted them to spend time together.

Ember saw Roman's phone light up and saw a text from an unsaved number. She didn't want to read it, but she saw it. She gasped when she read the text.

Mmm.. Big daddy I miss you.. Are you in town ?

A/N:

Who is texting Roman?

Will Ember say anything or pretend not to notice ?

Thanks for reading ! Don't forget to comment and vote

- Ms. Phoenix 💋😈