Chapter 1: Bates Motel

     I walk down the long dark highway cold and alone. I glance at my watch its 10:30 PM. Man if I don't find a place to crash soon then Im gonna have to sleep outside again. I walk farther down the highway hoping to find some type of salvation and see a faint blue light in the distance. Hopefully its a boat house or a store that I can sneak into and sleep for the night. As I approach this light I see that its a sign for a motel called Bates Motel. I sling my bag off my shoulder to see exactly how much money I have left. I pull out my wallet and see that I only have thirty dollars.

"Shit," I mutter to myself. Im pretty sure that a motel room costs more than thirty dollars for the night. "Well looks like im gonna have to break into one of the rooms." I say while walking up to room 1. The lights in the main office are off so im assuming no one is in there and left for the night. Usually motels stay open until midnight or something. Awell who cares looks like it makes this ten times easier for me.

 I pull out my lock picking set it has numerous materials to pick a lock. I only use two of the five picks because those are the most reliable and easiest to maneuver. I would have had a nicer one but the guy I stole it off from had this one, I guess beggers cant be choosers. It takes me a couple of minutes for the lock to give in. 'Crack'.

"Oh no," did I just break it? This is so not good if I did. I pull my pick out and the door opens. I guess I didn't break it. I walk inside and shut the door behind me and lock it. I look around to see a queen sized bed with a night stand on both sides of it with a lamp. Across from the bed was a tv and straight ahead of me was the bathroom.

This room looks so old fashioned. The least they could have done was to put it up to date. I throw my bag on the bed and take off my shoes. I sit down in the chair next to the window and place my hand on my forehead rubbing it back and forth. What am I gonna do now? Ive traveled far enough to get away from there but what do I do now? I cant keep running forever I need to settle somewhere. Maybe here? No I have to keep going, its not far enough.

I get up and walk over to my bag and pull out everything that's in there. So far I have 10 pairs of socks, twenty-five pairs of underwear, four pairs of jeans, ten shirts, one pair of pj pants and shorts, one straightener, some mascara and eyeliner, beef jerky, and a sketch pad with 3 pencils and a pencil sharpener. I reach for my wallet and pull out two tens and two fives. Damn it! I throw my wallet against the wall causing my money to fall on the pillows.

How the hell am I going to get more money!? Im already breaking into places just so I wont have to pay for a stupid run down motel like this shit just so I can eat. I run my hands through my hair and see that I have grime in my finger nails. I need a shower. I turn on the shower to the hottest it will go take off my cloths and get in. I let the water pour over me like its washing away all my problems.

I turn the shower off and thank to god that there were fresh towels in here. Its way too cold to drip dry. I look at myself in the mirror. "Haha," I laugh at myself. I lean on the sink.

"Look at yourself. Your a mess, no matter how far you run it will always follow you. You know what you did. What are you gonna do now? Youre seventeen years old and already alone. How pathetic you are," I say to myself. Its true no matter how far I run I can never escape of what I did. It still haunts me every night, the screaming, the blood, and despare.

I dress in my pajamas and a hoodie and lay down. I look at my watch, the only thing that tells me how long I've been alone for, 12:45 AM. Better get as much sleep as I can tonight. Who knows when I'll be able to sleep in a bed again.

*Hi! This is my version of bates motel with another character added to the crazy mix. This takes place after season 1. So this is kind of  my version of season 2! Hope you like it!*