Chapter 21: Friend?

Chapter 21: Friend?

"Hey you okay," Nate asks.

"Yea I'm fine," I say in a whisper. A few minutes has past since Dylan drove off with Bradley. She knew, she fucking knew that we were sisters and she didn't tell me. Who am I to talk, I'm the one whos known pretty much since I got here and was being a shit head to her while she was trying to build some sort of relationship. I'm no better than she is, I'm worse.

But this doesn't change anything, everything is still the same. The only thing thats different is me trying to avoid her, it's just one less thing that I don't have to worry about. Nate still looks at me in concern and probably knows that I'm lying. I can feel my face being somewhat sad.

"What happened? What'd she say to you?" Oh I dont know just her telling me she knew that we're sisters and neglected to tell me. Hoping to build some sort of relationship by nagging me to death to search for her, well I guess our fathers killer together. Then I was an asshole and pushed her away because I didn't want her to know so she wouldn't be hurt, but that back fired because she ended up killing the killer and now she has to fake her death and I'll probably never see her again. Is what an idiot would say.

"N-nothing, she just uh she just told me that uh her and Dylan were dating," is what I say. Out of everything I could have said I said that! Great job Melissa now you look like the girl who cries over guys and shit. His eyebrows furrow and he gives me the 'are you serious' look.

"What?"

He chuckles and shakes his head," Nothing I just didn't think you would get that upset over a guy."

"No I dont its just that..I...well...ugh just forget it! Leave me alone," I yell a little too loudly. He holds his hands up in defense," Okay fine dont go all hulk on me!" I irritatedly roll my eyes .

"By the way when are we going to have our tutor session I've been looking forward to it," he said, seductivly biting his lip which made me melt. Even at the sudden outburst of sisterly confessions and departure I still won't let it affect me. I had no emotional connection to her to make me overly depressed, atleast I shouldn't.

Later that night I went back to my room and went to bed. When morning came Nate wasted no time in waking me up to get the session going. I was slightly irritated because of the early rising, but was glad because I got all my work around the motel done faster and I even did homework. Nate was complaining that I wasn't doing any work, and if I wasn't doing work then he wasn't doing any. So I had no choice but to do it.

Before Nate got onto me about homework I still did it anyways. Oddly enough I actually wanted to do it. Even though I said that I never had time to do the shit I had all the time in the world. It was giving me somthing to do other than to mope, worry, or think of suicide. But knowing me even if I did had the gun, knife, or any other self harm instrument in my hand right now I still wouldn't do it because I'm a chicken shit. And I'm thankful for it at times because the little moments that I have with Dylan, Nate, Bradley(or used to now), and Norman even though I never talk to him I still kind of enjoyed.

I talked to Dylan later that morning and he told me that he layed some of her clothes out on the beach with a suicide note that she wrote to fake her death, basically meaing fake suicide. I don't know why he even bothered to tell me because he doesn't know about her and I, atleast I think he doesn't. I sure as hell hope he doesn't. He probably wanted to keep me in the screwed up loop so I know what's going on and won't slip up when the cops came poking around.