Chapter 19

*IMPORTANT A/N PLS READ ALSO COMPETITION RESULTS*

PERRIE'S MIND HURT. That was most definitely an understatement. She didn't know how long she had been standing there, thinking over the same question. Her imagination wandered quite a few times, which probably wasn't helping the situation at all.

As she tapped her pen on the brown wooden table, she got thinking.

What is the beginning of eternity, the end of time and the beginning of every ending?

The beginning of eternity. Eternity. Eternity.

Perrie didn't know why, but her mind suddenly clicked.

"The letter E!" Perrie exclaimed.

She quickly read over the rest of the riddle to see if she was correct. The end of time is 'e'. The beginning of every ending is 'e' as well! She was correct!

"I've done it!" Perrie gasped, while scribbling the answer down excitedly.

What would happen after she wrote it? She put the jewelled pen back in its original place, waiting for something, anything to happen. She waited for at least five minutes before throwing her arms in the air, exasperated.

"Hello?" she shouted to anything that could be a camera, "I know I got the riddles correct! What happens next?"

There was no answer. She screamed and tugged at her hair. She thought she was going crazy. I'm going to wake up soon, she thought. Though, she knew it wasn't at all a dream. It couldn't have been.

Then, she heard something. It sounded as though a chain was being pulled upwards. It sounded as if a door was being open.

A piece of paper appeared on a wall and she walked over to it to get a closer look. It read, I'd run as fast as you can, my dear. Perrie looked at it confused.

Two doorways opened miraculously and Perrie noticed a very angry mechanical dog with extremely sharp teeth on a chain in one doorway. She shrieked and took off through the other opening, before hearing the dog's chain being taken off and the animal running wild.

Crap, Perrie! she thought wildly.

She ran through every corridor and hallway she could find, trying to lose the dog, but it stayed hot on her heals. It was as if it sensed which route the blonde haired girl was going to take.

Soon, Perrie began to grow tired. She knew she couldn't stop, but she almost felt like she should. Her breaths were becoming short gasps of air and she was positively drenched with sweat. Her legs were aching and she needed to find a way to quickly trick the dog into thinking she's going one direction, then turning off to the other and hopefully being able to lock the door behind her.

But, try as she might, she couldn't find a spare doorway. She searched frantically, still treading fast on her toes, willing to dear God that the malicious dog did not catch up to her. She really didn't feel like being eaten.

A door swung open from out of nowhere, and Perrie found herself hitting into it.

"P-"

"Close the door!" Perrie shrieked at whoever opened the door and shut it with so much force, it shook.

She held her back to the door just as the machine started to push against it, trying to force it open.

"Help me!" she screamed crazily at whoever the person was.

Soon, the person had their back to the door as well, using all their effort to not let the dog in. The dog kept bashing itself against the thin piece of wood separating itself and the two people, but eventually, the dog decided it was no use and left.