Chapter 7

Kirby's P.O.V

Me. Alone. In bed. Thinking about shit knows what. Until I hear something downstairs. No one is home because it's Sunday, and my parents and the twins, all go to the mall on Sunday's. I didn't want to go and they know why and understood.

I hear more ruffles in the kitchen as I slowly walk out of my room. I grab the broom from the hallway closet and walk slowly to the kitchen to see what was making those sounds.

It definitely sounded like a person from the steps they were taking. "Who are you!? And what are you doing in my house?" I yelled at the girl who had her back to me and started laughing like crazy.

I started to laugh in relief when I found out that it was my big sister. She was never a really scared type. I tried scaring her a lot of times and she just laughed in my face.

"Simon what are you doing here? Why are you home so early? I thought you weren't coming home til next weekend." I ask her as we hugged each other.

"I wanted to surprise you guys all at once. But I guess you got it early." She chuckles and finished making her sandwich.

"Oh, well it's great to see you Si. How are you? And your classes? Oh! And Dylan?" I asked her a rack of questions as she laughed at my rambling.

"Calm down Kirb. Ok first I'm good, secondly my class are doing fine, and we broke up." She told me, "What why did you guys break up? You two were so good together. What happened?" I asked. Dylan was Simon's boyfriend and he was a great guy. Mom and Dad didn't really like him as much but he was the coolest guy I knew.

Simon just shrugged and said "We just didn't click anymore like we use to." That was all she said before taking the last bite of her sandwich.

"Ok? Are you guys still friends aleast?" I asked her.

"Of course we are Kirby. He is in the living room." At that response I raced to the living room see Dylan playing on my Xbox.

"Dyl! How are you?" I ask my sister's now ex-boyfriend. "What's up buddy? I've been good! I miss you dude!" He got off the couch and gave me a quick hug.

"What happen to you and Si? You guys were so good." I ask him. "I don't know. We just didn't spark anymore I guess." Telling me the same thing my sister told me.

"Want to watch a movie with us Kirby?" My sister ask me sitting down the bowl of popcorn on the coffee table. "Nah, I'm good. You two have a nice time." I say to them with a wink and run to my room. When I heard my sister yell at me.

I decide I want to confront Dexter about the kiss and.. the rejection..and the embarrassment.. oh who am I kidding this is not going to work out like I planned. My courage is going away fast than my anxiety.

I know I'm going to stutter and mess up my words and it's all going to be so embarrassing.

Well doesn't hurt to try am I right?

--------------------------------------------------

Phone Call:

'Hello? Dexter's phone. Who is this?'

"Uhh.. Hi this is Kirby. Dexter's best friend, and who is this?"

'Oh! Kirby... Dexter talks about you all the time. I'm Summer, Dexter's girlfriend.'

"Oh..well can you tell him that I called please. Thank you."

End of Phone Call

--------------------------------------------------