Chapter 23

:)

Sydney's P.O.V.

(Unedited)

I had just left the airport. Coming back from Tunisia earlier than I thought because Poppy called me telling me that they finally found out who Kirby's follower was and they needed all the help they could get.

I get out the cab that dropped me home and saw our family car in the driveway along with my car. I get in the house and see everybody waiting for me in the living room.

Did I mention my family didn't want to leave me alone by myself so they took another plane home. I begged them to at least let me take a airplane alone while they take the first one home. And by family I mean parents.

"Sammy is here! Come on we got to get to the restaurant before it closes!" My dad yelled up the stairs.

"Dad I just got in the house can't I skip family dinner this time." I pleaded. Everytime we come back from a trip we all take a well needed nap and then go to a nice restaurant for family dinner. It's a Palmer family tradition.

"Uh I don't know. What do you think, Trina?" My dad asked my mom.

"I think it's fine with me Tony. As long as you behave." My mom said.

"Thanks you guys." I said heading up stairs. "I'll see you guys later."

I was walking to my room well texting Poppy when I bumped into my sister, Franklin.

"Hey Sydney." She said without looking up from her phone. "Hey Franky." I said without looking up from my phone also.

I kept walking to my room when I bumped into my brother Arthur. "Hey Sydney." He greeted me without looking up from his iPad and me doing the same.

When I finally got back to my room I just decided to FaceTime Poppy.

"Hey babe. I'm home." I greeted when she answered.

"Hey Syd. How was the trip?" She said sounding sleepy. She was also in the dark and I couldn't see his face.

"It was good. Poppy were you sleeping? Cause if so you are then you can go back to sleep I'll just call you later."

"No. No. It's ok I was just taking a little nap." She slurred. "Can you come over? I want to see you." She whined.

"What? Now? It's late." I said looking confused.

"Please!! I miss you." She whined some more.

"How about in the morning." I tried to bargain. But she wouldn't go for it.

"Noooo! Now! And it is morning." She replied. She's such a baby when she's sleepy.

"Fine. I'll be there soon." I said hanging up.

————————

I get to Poppy's house and open the door with the spare key under the welcome mat.

I walked up to her room and let myself in and closed the door behind me. I see Poppy on her bed reaching out for me with her arms wide open.

"Come cuddle. Come cuddle with your sexy and super sleepy girlfriend. Come on. Come be my big spoon." She said. I rolled my eyes and got in the bed with her. I wrap my arms around her and kissed her forehead.

She turned around and kissed me and I kissed her back. We made out for awhile until we had to stop and take a breath. "I missed you so much." I told her. She smiled and said she missed me too.