Chapter 9 (Corbyn)

I walk in.
"Aye, it's my boy, Corbyn!" Logan says.
"Hey what's up man, how you been?" I shake Logan's hand.
"Great man. Listen, before we start, how old are you Corbyn?" He asks me.
"18." I say.
"Ok, ok. And Kyra, what about you?" He asks.
"Me? I'm 16 going to be 17 next week." She says.
"Ok, ok. So Corbyn and Kyra are going to do the couples challenge. They are going to see, since they both love music, who sings better out of the two of them. This should be interesting." He explains.
"There'll be a poll on the top right corner for you ti vote who did better. Just click on the 'i' icon, and it should let you take the poll." I say.
○○○
After that session was over, Logan, Kyra and I, went to my house.
"Guys?" My voice echos through the house.
"HELLO FROM THE OTHER SIDE!!" Logan yells as he vlogs.
"Are they out or something?" Kyra asks. Then, it hit me. We're supposed to catch a flight to Florida for Playlist in 30 minutes!! I run to my room and snatch the three tickets from my desk.
"Guys, Playlist is this weekend!!" I give them their tickets and we rush to Logan's car. (Note: I know playlist is in May and the story is in November right now. I'm writing it only because I wanted to have some events that are happening now).
"Aww! Corbyn! Is this my early birthday present?" She sweetly asks.
"I guess you could count it as that!" I quicky say. We load in the 3 suit cases in the back of Logan's car.
○○○
"Guys, I'm so sorry I can explain. I-"
"Where were you? Our flight leaves in 10 minutes. We have to board on." Jonah says. I could tell they were mad at me.
"Guys," I say, catching my breath. "We'll catch the flight."
"Corbyn? I don't feel so good." Kyra says. She falls.
"KYRA!" I yell. I catch her.
"Yo whats wrong with her?" Jack asks.
"I don't know, but we gotta get to our flight." Jonah says.
"Seriously Jonah? You care about the flight more than a person? For all I care, I could miss a flight but I can't lose a person." I explain. I pick Kyra up and carry her in my arms. I run to the nearest person and ask them if they know a nurse that works here.
Thankfully, I found one. That was quick. I thought to myself.
○○○
I get into an ambulance and ride with Kyra. I hold her hand saying, you're gonna be ok Kyra. You'll be ok.
When we finally arrive, Logan, Jack, Zach and Daniel were there, waiting for me. Jonah, was nowhere in sight. And now, we play the waiting game.
"Daniel, where's Jonah?" I ask.
"Oh him? Umm... he got on the plane." He tells me the bad news.
"I mean he's the oldest, he's the one who should be looking out for us!" I grow angry.
"Corbyn calm down, it's fine." Logan softly says, attempting to calm me down.
"CALM DOWN? HOW COULD I POSSIBLY CALM DOWN? I DON'T WANT TO CALM DOWN! GET AWAY FROM ME! Eventually, all of you will leave me too!" I sit down on the single brown bench in the white hospital hallway. I feel a single tear roll down my face. Jack comes up to me.
"Hey, buddy," he wipes my tear. "I know this is hard for you, but we gotta stay strong." I stood up.
"You're right." I say softly.
"Corbyn Besson?" The doctor calls my name.
This isn't a check-up!
"You can do this, buddy." Jack pats my back twice and I walk in Kyra's room.