Chapter 14 (Jack)

Kyra's phone rings. She picks up on the fourth ring. I listen.
"Babe? Are you ok? I've been trying to call the hospital about a million times! What's wrong? Are you ok?" Corbyn worries, as any normal boyfriend would.
"I...uhh..." Kyra hesitates.
"What?" He says with anger in his voice.
"Ok...I think I'm..." Corbyn doesn't let her finish.
"Yeah. I know. What are we gonna do with it?" He angrily asks.
"Look, babe, I know you're mad but, I think we should 'abort this mission' and wait until we're responsible enough." She suggests.
"You know what? No, no, no. First, did you cheat on me? If so, WHO WITH?!?" He yells, so loud that I can hear him even better.
"First, I don't think so. I think it was your fault! Otherwise, it could've been Jack..." she yells. When she said 'It could've been Jack', I froze. I just stood there.
"You know what? It's. Over. I don't care what you do with it, but as long as it's not mine, we're over." Corbyn hangs up. I Kyra starts to cry. I believe it is my time to come to her.
"How much did you hear?" She cries. I give her the "all of it" face.
"Look, we'll see who it belongs to. In the meantime, I'll ask if I can stay here overnight." I suggest.
I put my hands on her cheeks and wipes away the tears. Her face feels soft. She takes my hands and sets them down. She finish wiping her own tears.
"Kyra, what's wrong?" I look at her as she gets up from the hospital bed. I
She runs in the bathroom and locks herself in before I could catch up.
"Kyra..." I say with a little whimper in my voice. She starts sobbing, so loud that I start to cry. I could hear the rumble of the door, that separate Kyra and I, thud as I slide to sit and cry.
"Why me? Why does it always have to be me?" I can hear her say through her cries.
"I got the test results and..." the doctor walks in. She smile and looks at me.
"Jack Avery, congratulations!" She says, proudly. The door behind me unlocks and slowly, Krya walks out.
"He's the..." she just now realized that we aren't happy.
"Yeah, can you please shut up?" I say. Kyra crouches down to rub my back. I push her hand away, as if I were to hit it.
"Kyra, I know how much this will hurt for you to do but, I'm not ready yet." My voice breaks.
"I'm just as unprepared as you are. Should we 'abort the mission?'" She asks.
"But that's the problem, I don't want you to do that. We'll have time to decide whether or not we should keep it." I say.
"So keep it or lose it?" She asks me.
"Keep." I say.
"Ok, We're ready." Kyra says.
○○○
The doctor brings us into a room to tell us the rest of the news. Kyra looks at me. We hug tightly and we kiss.
"Jack..." she happily starts.
"Yes?" I ask.
"I love you!" She says. In a split second, her smile turns to a frown. I comfort her as if I knew that's when she needed me most. Out of no where, tears start to roll down her cheeks. I know she's thinking about something. No, not something, but someone. It must be Corbyn.
"Jack..." her voice breaks.
"Shh... forget about him. He did you wrong. I won't let that happen. Don't worry, be happy! For us. Not just you and I. For us, as a family." I explain. Family. It felt as if it was far from us, yet, it's closer than you know. It felt as if we would be apart in the next few days. I won't let that happen. Something tells me that something bad is going to happen. Whatever it is, I'll protect myself, our baby, and Kyra. It's my duty to protect. As well as Kyra's.
○○○
•Month 1, Day 15•
Today is the day we go to live our lives before Kyra's stomach starts showing. Her perfect physique is going to be gone about a month or so. Now here we are, holding hands, walking down the street, and looking for houses. We need a place to live, other than the band's house. I can't even IMAGINE what the nights would be like there! It gives me the chills just thinking about it.
"Jack, are you ok?" Kyra sees me shiver.
"Yep. I'm completely fine!" I tell her.
It feels as if it was just yesterday that we were out at that party at the band's house. There were LOTS of fans there. That's why I didn't leave my room. Kyra said she didn't want to be seen by any of the fans. She didn't wanna start drama. After the party ended. I didn't know anything.
"Babe, about that party... do you remember anything that happened?" I ask her.
"What makes you think that? No, I don't." She says.
"Oh how about this one?" I point to one of the houses.
"Sure! Let's go check it out." Kyra agrees.
Does she really remember and just doesn't want to answer or did she actually forget?
I spot Corbyn with another girl.
"Kyra," I turn her towards me. "I love you." I put my hands on her waist and kiss her. She pushes away and hold her stomach. I quickly look at Corbyn to see if he noticed anything yet.
"Hey! You! Over there! Call and ambulance! Please!" I yell to Corbyn to try and get his attention. The sprint over here.
"He bro, what's wrong?" Corbyn says quickly. He rips his phone from his pocket and dials...his mom?
"Yo ma, listen. I need your help. What is wrong with her?" Corbyn continues the conversation with his mom.
"Dude, what's your name?" Corbyn asks.
"Jack. What's wrong with my girlfriend?" I pretend to freak out.
"When did she visit the hospital last?" Corbyn asks.
"About two weeks ago." I say. Corbyn takes a good look at me. He studies my face and hair. He hangs up his phone.
"You look like one of my friends named Jack, Jack. But he's obviously not my friend anymore." He say right in front of me.
"Can I ask why?" I ask. Kyra stops vomiting.
"He and my ex-girlfriend are going to be parents..." his voice cracks.
"That's weird, my girlfriend and I are going to be parents too. What's your ex-girlfriend's name?" I push the question.
"Her name was Kyra." He says. Kyra looks up at him.
"Corbyn?" She says.
"Kyra? What are you doing here?" He asks.
"We're looking for houses. We need room for our girl." She says.
"I've always wanted a girl." Corbyn sighs and gets up.
"Anyways, my mom said you might be having twins because of all that." He points at the vomit puddle.
"Ok, bye Corbyn." I say.
"I knew you looked familiar, Jack." He says. He kisses his girlfriend and walks away. Kyra gets up and starts to walk to the car. She slams the car door behind her, folds her arms, then starts to cry. I run to her and open the drivers door.
"Kyra, it's fine. How many times do I have to say, forget about him. You will have a family with me! You don't need him in life. He just wants you to get jealous." I comfort her. She looks at me and hugs me. She leans in for a kiss. I push away.
"Not until you clean your mouth." I say. I put the key in and we drive off in my white and gold Camaro.