Chapter One - Arrival

Found

Chapter One - Arrival

.

I pull my legs up the seat and take another bite of the chocolate donut with one hand, while holding the laptop on my lap. There were so many pages in here that I didn't even know where to start. I had no idea what this file was about, no idea why it would even send me to the middle of nowhere. Stupid me didn't really think before I rushed out here without an actual plan.

I scroll down and watch the pages move up one after the other, never-ending. I sigh quietly and scroll back up to the top, trying to start reading it again only to stare at the first sentence over and over again. I take another bite of the chocolaty goodness and close the file I was on before opening another one from the top.

Lakewiew

Wyoming State

1,285 Members

I pause in confusion and stare at the screen, my mind trying to figure out just what the hell everything in this file meant. My father went to great lengths to keep this particular file hidden from me and I wanted to know why. Using the touch screen of my laptop, I close that window before scrolling through the files a little and open another one.

Valleyside

Montana State

973 Members

All of the files were the same from what I could tell. I hadn't gotten to fully read every file but from the first few sentences, my father had literally searched these places extremely well.  Instead of looking at the next following few, I scroll all the way down and touch open the third to last file.

Hendricks

Ohio

25 Members

I let out a soft sigh and consider this company for a second. For one, the name seemed much more decent. Second, it didn't seem to have as many assets as the other one. And lastly, it wasn't as far as the other two had been. But aside from all those facts, this one didn't seem to confuse me as much as the others. I sigh softly before typing the address into the gps and starting up the truck. The drive would be almost a day away and I certainly had enough money to get to my destination and stay for a while until I made a deal with the owners.

What deal? I didn't know yet. I only knew that I had to get here and prove to my father that I could be included into his meetings. That I was old and mature enough to belong in the family business. Whatever it was.

I finish my donut with one hand as I continue driving down the freeway, and follow the long empty roads toward the small town. The gps would talk every now and then but I slowly found myself remembering my family and manage a guilty wince. Hopefully this will make up for up and leaving without a notice.

They would probably most likely go insane with wanting to find me. If how i was treated at home was any indication, they would be going nuts. I brush my hair back and exhale softly considering the fact that I should also be giving them a call soon, just to ease their worry a tiny bit. After all, they wouldn't have to take care of me forever. They wouldn't always have to be so... careful around me, as they always were.

Even now, at twenty-seven years of age, I was still treated as if any little thing would hurt me. I didn't grow up playing with my brothers- because they would hurt me. I didn't grow up hanging outside like my brothers would- because I could get hurt. I didn't even get to date anyone close by- because they weren't right for me. Nothing was ever right for me around them. Then again, I was adopted. Everything about me was completely different than my brothers. It was only reasonable that I would be treated different as well.