Chapter Seven - The Opening

Found

Chapter Seven - The Opening

.

A couple days later, Brandon and I were nothing alike.

Except for, you know, the obvious.

He and I had gone out to have breakfast to get to know each other more, and it was a lot more informative that I thought. It was a miracle that Nate had even agreed to letting us come without escort, let alone me going anywhere without him. Brandon had given his word I would not leave his sight. Then again I hadn't- and I was very much looking for an opening. He was trusting and he was gullible and although some part of me made me feel like a terrible human being, I hoped he would understand.

So far, he hadn't given me an opening. He hadn't given me a second to myself- not even when we had stopped for gas before our breakfast. The gas station from earlier had been mostly empty and Brandon had paid from outside as he pumped the gas. There was an older lady that had come out to greet Brandon- he gaze lowered in respect as she offered to pump gas for him. Even offered to pay the gas for him. Once he was done and he started driving to the nearest restaurant, he'd explained she was a pack member.

He was royalty here.

"Are you even listening to me?" Brandon huffs and takes a bite of his plain ass omelet- which was covered in ketchup- and looks back up at me.

I sigh softly and shake my head, "I feel a fever coming on" I finally answer truthfully and rub my neck as I stretch it to each side. My fingers brush against a sensitive spot against my shoulder and I immediately flinch against it. Heat spread down my chest and a tiny, breathless exhale escapes my lips. "I'm still trying to process what this all means."

Brandon lowers his fork and swallows hard. He takes a drink of his iced coffee and shakes his head, "I know it's hard to accept, Len, but your mating is not as bad as it sounds like."

"Oh no?" I ask incredulously. "Were you forced into your mating as well?"

Hurt flashes across his expression before he lowers his arms, "Our situation is definitely different, I'll admit" he admits. "But I know what I'm saying. Your mating will only get worse, stronger, more painful. The marking and mating aren't meant to be stretched out too long between each other. I know because I've been told what happens if it is. I've also seen it first hand with a few pack members."

"I didn't ask for this."

"I'm sorry, Len."

"You haven't even told me how it was for you" I try to change the direction of this conversation. I could act upset and try to ask for space. It could be a good cover to find an exit. It could be my opening, but it was too predictable. Not even he was that stupid.

Brandon flushes as he runs his fingers through his hair. "I'll admit. My mating might've been rushed." He shrugs and clasps his hands together, "When I met the twins, I was instantly obsessed. They were already obsessed with me as well so it didn't help our situation. There wasn't exactly much talking" he pauses and his cheeks darken a bit, "I had moved in with them before our mating and we mated before my eighteenth birthday. There wasn't exactly much talking or discussing. We... mated. A lot."

I scowl before looking down at my half eaten pancakes and poke around at them. "I don't want this. I don't want him."

"Nate is-"

"If you're so fond of him, then you have him" I snap in annoyance. "You don't have a problem having more than one."

"First of all, rude. Second, it's your choice if you want to complete your mating or not, but don't start complaining when the fever turns painful." I meet his narrowed green eyes, which were exactly like mine, and turn away to the window. "Haven't you even considered how much worse it is for Nate?"