Darkstalker - Chapter 5

Chapter 5 - Found

Not long after that, we saw Uncle Sebastian with a large spider trying to eat him. Spider's body's maroon with pink spots and legs were thin and hairy.

Philip put his mask on. That spider licked Uncle Sebastian's head. Sheila quickly took out her bow and shot at the spider's fat body. It turned around and shrieked angrily. "Oh, no!" Sheila said and ran away when it chased her. Philip held his two swords tightly, before he attacked the spider to attract its attention from chasing Sheila. Latios turned into a wolf again. He helped Philip kill the spider. I ran to Uncle Sebastian.

I said, "Come." I pulled him with me to go behind Sheila. She was shooting arrows at the spider. She only learned to attack with long-ranged weapons, that's why she ran away when the spider came closer to her.

I held Uncle Sebastian's hands and said the Heal Voice. When he thanked me, I smiled. I told him to sit and rest behind Sheila. I stood up and walked near the spider.

"Va sei tuei zei ri va," I said the Hammer Summoner. A glowing hammer appeared in my hand. It's for two hands, so I held it with both hands. "Ahh... it's heavy," I murmured.

I walked backward a few steps. Then, I ran to the spider and jumped. I hit its head with my hammer that I'm proud of. I spun in the air before landing on the ground. The spider stopped moving. My hammer vanished. The spider fell. Everyone looked at me. "I love my hammer!" I said, cheerfully and danced around.

"Whoa, with just one hit," Latios said to Philip. He ignored him. He walked to his father. "Now we found him, let's go back," he said while helping his father stood up. Sheila told him, "You can't go that way. The entrance had been barricaded by an earthquake earlier. Rocks closed the entrance." Philip looked puzzled. Instead, Latios replied to her, "It was Philip's doings. He threw a bomb at the Crystal Spiders that attacked us." I said after that, "Then I should get Aneel and his winged-jelly rabbit first, so we could get out of here together."

Sheila laughed, "Elise, that jelly rabbit has a name. It's Rosary."

So, Latios and I ran to them at the entrance. He had turned into a human again. He suddenly held my hand. "In case you fall," he said. I laughed. Then, I tripped over a small rock, but Latios saved me because he was holding my hand. I smiled, "Thanks!"

I heard a growling sound. Something growled angrily as it was following us.

We saw Aneel and Rosary, who were still stuck under the large rock. At a speed of lightning, an unknown person sliced the rock, so Rosary could escape. The only person who was quick enough to do it was Philip; the assassin. He arrived before us.

Was it you who growled earlier, was what I wanted to ask him, but something just made me scared to do so. I let off Latios' hand. He asked, "What's wrong?" I smiled and shook my head that meant there's nothing to worry about. I stared at Philip. He helped Aneel and Rosary yet he hated people. I can't understand him.

After that, we walked back to Sheila and Uncle Sebastian. To get out of the mines cave we all traveled deeper into the cave, wondering what awaited us in the darkness.

Sheila yawned. "It's midnight after all," Uncle Sebastian said. I agreed.

Unexpectedly, we heard dogs bark and they were coming to us... at a speed of light! Latios turned into a wolf. Philip threw shurikens and daggers. From where he got it, I didn't know. Sheila shot four arrows at once. I sung the Hammer Summoner. It's not dogs that we expected but it's skeleton dogs. We all attacked them at once. Rosary helped Uncle Sebastian escape the Walking Undead dogs. I backed them up. Every time the dogs chased them, I hit them with my hammer that led them to dizziness. Sheila will shot through their eyes. Blood won't splash out from skeletons because they made from bones and skeletons. Their only weakness; their eyes.

We managed to kill them, but hundreds of them came to us. "Haa... when could I sleep?" Sheila mumbled. I saw Rosary and Uncle Sebastian trying to run away from the 'battlefield' while the others were fighting. I shouted, "Rosary, Uncle Sebastian! Don't run now! You'll get caught!" They didn't hear me. Crap! I sung the Plague, "Kuroa va lei ze rei." All the Undead dogs fainted. I said to the others, "Let's go while they're still plagued and asleep." We chased after Rosary and Uncle Sebastian. I held my hammer with two hands.

We saw them. They were shaking and shivering of scare. We heard a howl not far ahead. We stopped running near Rosary and Uncle Sebastian. We saw the dog howl again. Aneel looked very shocked by what he was looking at. Sheila almost fainted. I gasped. Latios couldn't breathe. The Undead dog was like a size of an eight-storey house!

Philip told me to plague it. I refused, "It won't work with this size of monster. My hammer is also not strong enough to kill it with one hit." Everyone was in silence. I felt as if I'm very helpless among us all. I could do something for them, I knew it!

"But I could heal you guys whenever you feel tired or weak. Just shout my name. But Philip and Latios, you guys distract it from me. What do you think?" I asked for their opinions.

"Okay with me. Philip, how about you?" Latios was the first one to answer. Philip rolled his eyes and said, "Whatever." I told Sheila that she'll attack from afar. Everyone agreed with my plan.

I sung the Healing Barrier,

"Lei ri tuei kara zwei

Kuroa va lei ze rei

Kara vei kuroa lei va lei

Va sei tuei zei ri va..."

All of us had been healed. Latios said, "After three. One-" Philip cut in, "Three!" He ran like lightning all over the Undead dog's body. Latios shocked, but quickly attacked it. Sheila shot at it with her arrows. I waited...