Darkstalker - Chapters 1 to 3

Chapter 1 (Explosion)

I was sitting on the flower beds, enjoying the night breeze. The forest was quiet but the silence was beautiful. "Huhh... I don't think I'm sleepy yet," I sighed.

BOOMMM!!

I was shocked. The birds flew away. What had exploded? I ran to where I saw the fire. Outside the forest before entering the Iliad City Grounds, I already saw the overwhelming fire at a tower of the castle. My eyes went big. I closed my mouth as I gasped.

"The castle's on fire!" I said, taken aback. I heard someone fell, not far from where I stood. His breath was clearly heard. He was panting. "Argh... damn it!" He said angrily.

I turned behind. Oh, no! "An assassin," I murmured. I slowly walked away silently so he won't notice. I stared at him horribly.

Wait; was that blood... on his chest? He was grasping it. I stopped walking. He's hurt and injured badly. He was covered in blood. But he's an assassin. I don't want to heal him. I'm afraid he'll kill me.

Assassins were well-recognized when they wore masks. Their clothes looked as light as feather and their eyes were furious.

I wondered if I could heal him.

"From beyond the darkness, there is a glowing light. It will cure all your wounds," I held his palms while closing my eyes. His body glowed. "What the?" He said. I smiled; "Now you're healed." The glow stopped and dim.

"Suck," he pushed me. I fell to the ground. "Ohh... that hurts," I murmured. I looked at him horribly. He stood up, glaring at me. "Listen. I'll let you go this time but if you come at me again, I'll kill you painfully, mercilessly," he said angrily and left into the darkness.

"I knew he would say that," I stood up, sighing. I didn't think anyone could be close to assassins. Even assassins were never close to their own kind.

I wonder what happened to that guy. Maybe he was caught in the explosion and ran here. Assassins were fast and quiet after all. But it can't be true. He was bleeding and injured. He can't run that fast.

"Hmm... I'll just ignore that. Hehe," I smiled, saying to myself.

I went to Iliad City. Iliad was the home city of healers and magicians. There were three home cities in this world of Fantasia; Caslon, Jade and Iliad. Caslon is the home city of warriors and knights. Jade is a mechanical city and a home city for archers, shooters and assassins.

When I arrived, many people gathered at the castle, saving the royal family of Iliad. Oh, I see. The whole tower exploded. Wizards were trying to put out the fire using spells. While healers were healing the injured victims.

Rose-colored hair, it's Queen Emily! They brought her out. I quickly ran to her. "Your Majesty, are you okay?" I asked while healing her. Then we met each other's eyes. I gasped. What was this feeling? I felt strange.

******************************************************************************

Chapter 2 (Servant)

...finished!

******************************************************************************

Why did Queen Emily looked almost the same as me? I fell backwards. Why didn't she look surprised? She had rose-colored hair but my hair color is lighter. She had dark green eyes while I had emerald-green eyes. She groaned. Ah! I didn't heal her. I held her palms.

"Lei ri tuei kara zwei." I said the Heal Voice. She had been healed. She held my cheek, "Dear, why were you surprised earlier?" She asked.

That time, my mind was completely blank what to answer. I didn't know what words should I say. She smiled softly, "There are still others who look like me. What are you worried for?"