Selena's Soulmates: Chapter 2

Selena's POV

It was getting pretty late at night, well at least I think. I had been in this cell for what seemed like forever. I haven't really had any food or water since I 've gotten here.

That's another thing... where is HERE!

There was one more thing that had me kind of emotional and full of anger. If I every get out of here, I have no family to return to. I mean the only family I did have were killed at the hands of those monsters. I tried to hold back my tears but no longer having a brother or mother just hurts... a lot. I heard the basement door close and footsteps making it clear that someone was coming. It was Damien with a tray with soup and fruits. I backed away to the wall and watched as he placed the tray on the floor and closed the cell door. Ten minutes passed and I still didn't eat, I was trying to be careful of what I do while I'm here. Which will not be that long, because the first chance I get, I'm running as far away as I can. "So you're just not going to eat?" I knew that deep voice was Draken's, that's why I said nothing back. "I see you're not going to eat, so I'll just take the food." And with those last words Draken left.

********************************************************************************

Damien's POV

Why, why, why did I kiss her? It happened so fast, I pushed away from her because if Draken would have seen us, he would have had an attitude. I don't even know why I did it and why she didn't scream or pull away or ANYTHING. Maybe she felt what I felt, that spark. But the thing is I don't love her, but yet I don't feel like I need to, we just belong. But the only way that I could feel this way is if she's my soulmate... no she can't be, I'm a vampire she is a human. Although soulmates have an instant connection... it's not meant to be between us, at least I think?

********************************************************************************

Draken's POV

I walked over to where Damien was to tell him off, "Damien I thought, I told don't give anything unless I tell you!" "I assumed she was really hungry since she hasn't eaten all day." Damien said. "Well you assumed wrong because the little brat didn't eat anything! This is why, you just give her anything, then she'll think she gets to pick and choose what she wants." "Fine, brother." Damien replied. "On to another subject, we need to leave now if you plan on getting blood." "You know you need to stop killing humans to drink their blood, it's against the kingdom's law for us to do that." "Damien, look I know what I'm doing because animal blood just doesn't satisfy me like it does for you, so you can stay but I'm leaving, just make sure to check up on the human while I'm gone." Draken said as he walked out of the door.