Chapter 19

Arvhie

"Something's off." he commented while looking at the sea.

"Ha?" I looked at him, clueless.

"The wind. It's telling me something's going on." He replied while looking at the horizon. I rolled my eyes at the back of my mind.

Lumapit ako sa kanya as I leaned on the fence. I looked at where he's looking at. "Don't jinx us." I calmed him down by caressing his shoulders.

It's only five in the morning when I noticed him getting off the bed. When I followed him out, nakita ko nalang siyang nakatulala sa deck ng barko.

He looked at me with glaring eyes. He's actually mad at me? Great hell!

"I'm sorry." I apologized—laughing—despite fathom understanding. "Bakasyon tayo, Francis. Stop worrying too much." I pointed out and shrugged my shoulders. 

I said what I said. Work is work, rest is rest. I can't let this group think of their responsibilities in a vacation.

"It's more than nonsense worrying, Arvhie. You know how sharp my instincts are. I could never be wrong."
He said again and roamed his eyes on the vast sea with yellow glistening sunrise.

I don't even know what he's saying. I can see that he's being too concerned by his instincts about this thing that even I couldn't sense.

With that being said, wala akong magagawa at maitutulong.

"Kaya nga I told you to stop worrying. We're in the middle of a vacation...and the ocean. We can't possibly do anything here." I calmly spoke. "Stay here. I'll make you coffee." Pampalubag-loob kong sabi sa kanya.

I left the deck and entered the kitchen of the ship.

We've been together for many months now. We've celebrated our birthdays together. We fought and fought. We were never defeated.

All those times were not wasted. As we exchange powerful slashes of our swords, as we breathe at each other every morning, we come to understand and learn about each other.

One of those things I learned is that coffee is his milk every night.
Despite it's vital ingredient— caffeine— coffee seems to be his calming point.

"Good morning." Athena yawns as she prepares her coffee. She looks so sleepy. Hindi ba siya nakatulog kagabi?

"Morning." She looked at me, surprised.

"Woah, that's a first." she said and left her jaws wide open.

"Close your mouth." I replied as I reached for the mugs on the rack. I grabbed two packets of instant coffee and poured it into the mug.

"What first." I asked. I poured the hot water and stirs the coffee.

"Nevermind." She then get back to what she's doing.

Hindi ko nalang siya pinansin at kinuha na ang dalawang tasa ng kape.

"Wait. Do you feel that, Arvhie?" she asked even before I could take a step.