Part Thirteen

"Michael?" I ask. He has been playing video games for about four hours. Jenn and Luke have gone out for the day so its just me and Michael. I had just discussed with Michael that we should go out on a date. He agreed of course and said he would be ready when i was. I cam back downstairs to see him still in sweats and playing Call  of Duty. 

     "michael? Hello?! Earth to Michael!" I lost my patience and grabbed the remote out of his hands.

     "What the fuck!" He screamed getting up.

      "You have been hear all damn day! You said you were gonna take me out! What the fuck is what i should be asking you! Your so selfish! I cannot believe you! You are such a di-" I was cut off by Michael's palm slapping my face. I was so stunned. The stinging. I ran a hand over my cheek. There was blood on my hand. He broke skin. I looked up at him. His mouth had dropped open. He was holding his hand out and starijng at it. 

     "What is the matter with you!!?" I screamed with tears running down my face.

     "Ally I didnt mean it." He whispered he tried to wipe away the blood on my cheek but i pushed his hand away and ran up the stairs away from him. He followed me but i shut him out of my room.

     "Ally! Let me in please im so sorry!" Michael's muffled voice called to me from the other side of the door. I didnt answer. I shut myself in the bathroom and looked at my refection. My mascara mingled with the cut on my cheek, which was already beginning to bruise. I wiped away my scared, angry tears. Michael was still banging on my door calling my name. He did it for about 2 hours. I just sat on my bed and stared at the door. Finally i heard him go back downstairs.

     "Probly to play video games again." I muttered to myself. i grabbed a bad out of my closet and shoved a bunch of clothes into it, my wallet, phone, and charger.  I waited for about another hour. I slipped my converse on and grabbed my keys. I made my way down the stairs to see Michael asleep on the couch. I raan out the door and slammed it behind me. I ran to my car and got in. As i pull out the drive way i see Michael run outside and chase my car as i drive away. I look in my rearveiw mirror to see it standing in the middle street in the pouring rain.

     I drove to a hotel and hurried inside. I made my way up to the counter. I didnt care that my hair was a mess, my cut bruised cheek, and my makeup was awful. The desk clerk looked as me with simpathy.

     "He-hello. Can i get a room please? I dont know how long I'll be staying." I stumbled over my words holding back tears. She nodded and got me a room key. I made my way up to my room and locked myself in. I had 16 missed calls from Michael. I shoved earbuds into my ears and played Savior by Rise Against. 

     "But the day pressed on like crushing weights. For no man does it ever wait .Like memories of dying days. That deafen us like hurricanes. Bathed in flames we held the brand. Uncurled the fingers in your hand. Pressed into the flesh like sand. Now do you understand?" I sang to myself softly as i put changed my jeans to sweats. I grabbed my make up bag and went into the bathroom. I was even more a mess than when i had last looked in the mirror. The cut on my cheek was enflamed by the mascara stinging it. And the bruise was bluish purple. I rinsed my face and tried to clean the cut without crying at the pain. My stomach was killing me. I ran to the toilet just in time to vomit.  When i had finnished. I stumbled into the bed room and collapsed onto the bed. I checked my phone and saw a text from Luke.

     "Michael left a note explaining what happened. He wont answer his phone and neither will you. Please be okay. Come home Ally. Jenn and I are waiting for you." I didnt bother to reply. I just put the phone on my bedside table and shut out the lights..