chapter 10

"Tell me Daniel. About yourself. Whats your story?" Marcy says sitting in a rolling chair. The two of them sitting in a room alone.
"Do you really want to hear my story from when the infection started?" He smiled.
"Yes. It would be great to know the leader who had fifty kids and now only has forty-five."
Daniel sattled in his chair. A single candle on a table between them. "It was lunch time. I was working out beside the bleachers Jack, George, Fred, and Zach at Poca. Its where I met my closest friends. A fight broke out in the gym between two girls. Didn't even know them. Anyway one had a crazy look in her eye. Straight long blond hair. The other was just a brunette. Very small girl compared to her. They circled around once and the blonde came at her. Took her by the arms and pinned her to the floor. Ripped her throat out. In an instant the girl was ripped off and cuffed. The officer tried radioing in and all there was was static. He got in his cruzer with the girl and drove off.
"After that more fights started to break out and this time teachers were standing off against other kids. It became a war zone. People were dieing all around. Me and my guys got rods out of the bin near the small exit behind the bleachers. We went to work fighting off the adults trying literally kill them ourselves. Other kids had bats and were smashing skulls. The teachers who weren't already going mad were also trying to help out. Didn't help their case any at all. Everyone was in a frenzy trying to save and kill their friends.
"When it all stopped people started running away from the school. All the girls banded together and left through the front door. Who would stop them. Then lots of guys follwed behind leaving about a hundred people scared and confused. We bagan to get more attacks and more kids died. We tried to barricade the windows to keep them out.
"A man named James and a few others started calling the shots. Making James leader we were trapped. Didn't even get a say in who to lead. During the next couple of weeks we lost over twenty other kids.
"We started planning to escape. Durring the next raid me and my buddies I worked out with ran outside to get some weapons and come back in. When we got back a few kids died and everyone was huddled at the top of the bleachers. Told a couple of buds to get them out and keep them safe while me and the others got the food and water. Once that was done we ran off leaving James and his party of pricks behind. Best thing we ever did because when we did we ran into Hailey fighting off a unit of zombies all by herself. Poor girl lost her whole team. Even her brother. After walking to the pawnshop across the bridge we settled down to rest. Ran out of foid bright and early and went to go scavenge from houses. That's when you all showed up." Daniel finished and couldn't bear to go into detail about anything within the month. Lost so many kids he could've saved made him feel guilty.
"Im sorry for all the boys you lost Dan. It's ok. Same thing happened over here but we decided to build outside barricades once the first assault. Your men didn't die in vein though. They helped you all live and escape." Marcy tried to comfort him because he bagan to crumble.
"I want to kill them all. I want to know what the hell is happening." He cried on the table.
"The only way to know what is happening is to go to Washington. Until then build your army. Help people live over here for a while. Ill come with you. My whole place will if you can help me secure the capitol in Charleston."

Daniel looked up wiping the tears away. "You got yourself a deal, Marcy."