chapter 12

Jack sits on the roof of the School. Legs loosely dangle over the edge. His hands press up against beside him. The you can barely see the sun anymore. The sky lit pink over the mountains.
His mildly dirty blonde hair is tucked behind his ears. A smile grew in his face. His deep blue eyes sparkle in the last of the light.
He feels happy. Worry free that there are lot if other kids around. He no longer feels alone in the world with his comrades. Something didn't feel right though. It sits there in his guts making him squermish. Was it the fact that he will never see his own home again? Never seeing his aunt and uncle anymore?
In Jacks mind he says his parents can go to hell. They've treated him like dirt. Walked on him and locked him away in the house. Very rarely got to go to school because his parents claimed he was always sick. Called him stupid. That he wouldn't live long all on his own. He would show them. Show them all he is so much more than he is. Always wanted to when they called him special E.D.
A little girl called Xian came up Behind him. Shes a little Japanese girl with short black hair and a little pink bow on the right side. "Lovely evening, huh?" She said smiling as the light crept behind the mountains.
"Yea. It is. Who are you little girl?" Jack said without turning around to look at her.
She blushed. Held her hands together infront. "Xian. You?" Xian said in a low soft voice. She never expected him to respond. When she lived with her parents they didn't pay to much attention to her. Every day she would sit in her room and stare at the Kanawha river. Wondered what happened if she would jump in and disappear. Would anyone miss her?
This boy gave her hope. She was actually noticed. Lots of kids here never payed attention to her just like before. Marcy took her in. Sheltered her and comferted her. Felt sorry for her to be honest. Cares for her like her own. Even though Marcy never had a kid. Lots of people at her school had one.
"Im Jack. Nice to meet you Xian. Hiw about you join me." He turned back at her. Half his face lit orange. A chill up his spine from the changing of the seasons. Spring is right around the corner.
Xian felt happy since the second time she came here. Even though shes shy she at least trys to make friends.
She sat down beside him. Looked down at the guards walking around the fencing they put up. There were some on the roof with bows but since its dark out they left for bed. Flashlights ran across the ground everywhere.
At night the infected love to come outside to hunt for kids. The reason being is that the sunlight increases the infection. Rashes become lumps and when thy scratch it bursts exposing their meat. After a giid while they just drop like dolls and the head goes pop. The sores begin to really start to form and turn the body into mush. The infected really hate the sun because it gives them a headache. Voices start talking and drive them mad. It feels like they are looking directly at the sun when they come out and it hurts their eyes.
"How many monsters do you think will come out tonight to attack the school?" Xian asks looking at him.
"Not many tonight. Durring my leaders scavenger raid we killed a lot of them in the area." Jack begins to get up. "Time to get some shut eye Xian. Its gonna be a long day tomorrow." He grunts.
"Yea. I guess so."