chapter 44

Victor is still cuddled up in his sleeping bag. A smell of smoke hit hits his nostels along with burned meat and hair. He jumps out and runs to the window. The grownups are fleeing from a fire near the capital. Going back to get his things he realized he should've been watching Mclaine. He slung his stuff on and ran back to the burned out window.
A woman looked at him, but didn't stop to attack. Something is very wrong. The streets are filled with them. There is no other choice but to jump in the river of them.
They smelled terrible of feces and rotting flesh. A fat man behind him shoved him forward into the crowd ahead. He smelled rancid like he was working out at the gym and never bothered to shower.
Owen is at the front leading them away. Well he is trying at least. Victor has never seen so many grownups in one place before and them running and frightened and completely bewildered.
The fat guy took hold of Victor and threw him farther ahead. He hit the ground with a roll and continued to run away. Looking back the fire grows near with every second. There came a few explosions and bodies began to fly in chunks. A wind began to help increase the fire.
The warmth from it is intense. It started to make Victor feel like he is in an oven with rotting food. Like a hobo trying to prepare a dinner he doesn't know how to make.
Finally he made it to the front of the horde. Mclaine beside him. Their eyes met for a moment. His face covered in blood. Stained black from it and his eyes bloodshot. Rashes had formed on his face that turned purple and pink with yellow pus trying to make its way out in the center.
He reached for one of his many knifes and Victor decided to speed up. His lungs in fire. Gasping for air with every lunge he took. Mclaine threw a knife missing only inches.
Up ahead a group of hunters overwhelmed by another horde up front. They began to fall back as well. Soon they were amongst the waves like him. Mclaine could no longer attack, but continued to follow behind. The hunters were falling in behind the crowd and soom met Victor.
"What the hell are you doing in the city alone Victor?" Matt said running in sync with him.
"I was observing the grownups."
"There. Turn down that alleyway." He pointed to the left towards the river. "That's where we parked or trucks."
They fought there way to the side shoving anyone in the way. Matt took the lead car and five people jumped in the back. Victor in the passenger.
Next truck Ryan driving with six people filled in around. The last was an F-150. Some tall black boy at the wheel with lots of others filled in the back. Who are they?
Victor has never seen those people before. How much ground did Matt and his hunting party cover in a week? All he did was just sit watching grownups. Writing down their behavior and things.
Matt floored it. Tires screeched against the asphalt and started plowing stray grownups out of the way. He is driving along the river. On the other side a highway that leads to Dunbar
"We need to get to Dunbar to warn the others." Matt said turning onto the highway.
"Dunbar? I thought we were going to Nitro. Shouldn't we assemble a proper army to save those kids?" Victor said confused.
"You have a point there." He replied sticking his out of window. "Stitch and Ryan go warn the Dunbar kids Im getting some help for them."
"Yes sir!"