Chapter 3

Sighing, I crawled into my bed. I was sharing a room with four of other girls, including Hermione Granger. She hated me, they all did. They said I was going to bring a curse to Gryffindor House, which was probably true.

They were sitting on their beds, throwing pillows at each other and, of course, I had been excluded from the fun which I wasn't surprised by.

I laid back on my bed and curled up, burying my face in the pillow, holding back my tears of shame.

A few moments passed before a pillow landed beside me. I looked up, pushing myself up into a sitting position. I looked from the pillow around the room.

Hermione waved shyly. It was her pillow. She smiled slightly, pointing to the pillow and then motioning for me to throw it back to her.

Picking up the pillow, I threw it back to her and she smiled gratefully. "Thank you." She said softly before throwing the pillow behind her and flopping back onto it. She sighed heavily before rolling onto her side.

I sat for a minute, confused. She was supposed to hate me, yet, she made an attempt to include me in their pillow fight. A small smile appeared on my face and I ran my fingers through my hair before flopping back into the bed.

Maybe being in Gryffindor wasn't going to be that bad.