-2

Rachel POV:

  I run down to where the kitchen resides. I help Anna-Marie set up the cutlery and plates. We're having spaghetti and meatballs tonight. My favourite. All of the younger kids come down and sit, then we all dig in.  Despite all those movies that state orphanage food sucks, from experience, I disagree. The food is pretty good here. Before Anna-Marie owned this orphanage she was in culinary school. She's even taught me a few tips and tricks in the kitchen. I'm not that bad of a cook, well at least I think so.  Some homes made me cook dinner three times a week and I adapted eventually. None of them have died, so I can assume that my food wasn't poisonous.

We finished eating and I ran upstairs to check my texts.  I saw that some of my friends had texted me links.  I was wondering what it was about, so I obviously clicked on it.  It leads me to a radio station website.  94.5 Cyna Radio to be exact.  

        "Want to win two VIP meet and greet tickets to Demi Lovato's Concert here in Los Angeles?          All you have to do is submit a video of you singing a Demi Lovato song to 945cynaradio.com as well as fill out the contact info sheet.  The deadline for all entries is August 2nd. Good Luck! The winners will be contacted on August 3rd."

I only had 1 day to send a video in.  I knew exactly what song I was also going to sing.  Skyscraper.  I used to love that song in the dark times, and it uplifted my spirits. Don't get me wrong.  I still do.  It just meant even more to me during that time period.  I was going to be doing a piano cover with it.  I knew that deep down in the depths of the orphanage basement there was a piano that sat in the corner so I would use that and prop my phone up beside the large instrument.  But I had to fill out the form first.  I sat down and filled it out. I had only gotten to the name section when I realized I had no last name.  I just picked the most recent name. Eagan.

First Name: Rachel 

Last Name: Eagan

Email Address: racheleagan@gmail.com

Street Address:  3125 Kent Avenue

City: Los Angeles

State: California

Daytime Phone: (213) 875-1546

Evening Phone:  (213) 548- 9746

I had asked Anna-Marie about using her number in the last section and luckily she said yes.  All I had to do now was film the video.  I walked into the basement that carried cobwebs and sat down on the dusty old piano bench.  The keys were still moderately in tune so it would be fine.  I propped my phone up in front of some old books that I found on a bookshelf in the back.  I practiced the song then hit record.  This was it, I would either get the tickets or not.  I didn't set my expectations very high, knowing subconsciously that there would be a very slight chance of me winning.  I submitted the video of myself singing as well as the contact info.

I went back to my texts and before I knew it I was tired out.  I went to brush my teeth and then I changed into some pajamas. I laid down in bed with my phone and searched up cute Demi gifs.  Ahh. She was truly an angel.  One day I would meet her.  I would. I had hope for it, my time would come around eventually.  I finished my texting my friends and turned off my phone.  Tomorrow I was going out with some of my friends for the day, and we were going to have a sleepover.  Looking forward to the next day, I drifted into a peaceful and steady slumber.

A/N: I hope that you enjoyed this chapter:)  Demi will hopefully be introduced in the next few chapters.

Remember to hit that 'lil star to vote:) It motivates me to write and makes me smile.

Stalk Me:

Twitter: @suggxballinger

Instagram: @suggthemonkey

Remember that you're beautiful just the way you are. Stay Strong.

xxJ