-10

-Sorry that the update is a week late and so short- (More about this at the end of the chapter)

Rachel POV:

"Cookies". 

"Chocolate".

"Muffins".

"Steak".

"Mashed Potatoes".

"Chicken".

"Burgers".

"Pasta".

Demi was currently trying to guess my favourite food.  It was 9 pm and we were driving back towards the orphanage.

"You're getting closer", I said in between laughs.

"Spaghetti!" She shouted.

"And..." I motioned for the second part of the food.

"Meatballs!" She continued, resulting in the correct answer.

"Correct! And it only took you a million attempts!" I said laughing.

In such a short time, I felt that we had bonded more.  I didn't think about her as THE DEMI LOVATO.  I see her as Demi.  Just Demi.  Demi, my friend.

"I see you brought her back early", Anna-Marie said to Demi, as we walked through the doors.

"Feel free to take her out anytime you want before school starts.  You proved to me that you were responsible today.  If Rachel's fine with it, that is of course." Anna-Marie continued.

"Yea, of course, I'm fine with it", I replied smiling.

I went up to my room to get ready for the night.

Demi POV:

Rachel went up to her room to get ready for bed while I took this time as an opportunity to ask Anna-Marie a question.

"If I were to adopt a kid, as in Rachel, would you be okay with it? "I asked Anna-Marie.

"Of course. All that Rachel has ever wanted is a happy home." Anna- Marie told me.

Now that I knew Anna-Marie was fine if I adopted Rachel, I would have to ask Rachel sooner or later.  I decided that earlier tomorrow morning I would ask Rachel if she was willing to get adopted by myself.  I left the orphanage in a happy mindset. 

 If Rachel were to say yes, she would get the guest bedroom. But I didn't want to get my hopes up high because just like everything in life, anything can happen.

Shoot.  Management.  Eh, I'd let them be.  They would find out about Rachel if she became my daughter, and there is no way I will give her up if everything lands in my favour.

Rachel Lovato.  That has quite a nice ring to it.  

"Hey sis", I spoke into the phone.

You see, I had phoned Dallas, but told her not to tell anyone else, just in case this didn't work out.  She supported my decision of wanting to adopt Rachel but made my guarantee to her that if she did become Rachel Lovato, Dallas would get to meet her first.  Sounded like a fair deal to me.  It felt better having confided into someone.

I decided to text Rachel.  I had a fun day with her today, so I wouldn't mind having another.  Then I could spring the idea, bring the idea to the table, and see how she reacts.

"You up for another fun day tomorrow?" I texted.

"Yea, of course." She replied.

"10 am sound good?"

"See you tomorrow,  and nighty night Dems."

I turned off my phone screen and fell asleep anxious about the next day.

But I had to ask.  Besides, you only live life once.

A/N:

Sorry for the extremely short and extremely late update.

For the past week, I didn't have any motivation to write.  I want to always give you guys my best writing and I felt that if I were to rush an update, you and myself wouldn't be happy with it.  For that reason, I skipped last weeks update.  I know it's a short update, but I have something planned for next week and if I can pull it off, it'll be amazing.

Once Again,

I hope that you are enjoying the story:) My dms are always open, so if you ever need advice, I will try my best to help you:)

If you have any questions or suggestions, even comments, leave them below:) They always bring a smile to my face.

New updates on Fridays, Saturdays, or Sundays.

Remember to hit that 'lil star to vote:)

If you're feeling VERY generous, you can also comment or follow me :)

Stalk Me:

Twitter: @suggxballinger

Instagram: @suggthemonkey

Remember that you're beautiful just the way you are. Stay Strong.

xxJ