-21

Epilogue

It's funny to think that this all started because of some contest. If it weren't for 94.5 Cyna Radio, I wouldn't be here, sitting in this room with Demi, waiting for Anna-Marie to give birth. 

After I left the orphanage, Anna-Marie rediscovered her passion for culinary art. She passed on the Sunnyvale orphanage to one of her good friends, Jemina, who has been running it quite smoothly for the past few years. Once in a while, I like to go back to remember everything that happened there. If I never sat underneath that elm tree with Demi, everything would be different. 

After that one call with Cyna Radio, my life got flipped Upside Down. 

It's times like these where I reflect back on my past and realize how so much good can come out of the bad. The universe always has something in store for you, whether you realize it or not. 

When I was first put into Sunnyvale Orphanage, I thought it was a joke. But I soon realized that it was the most nurturing and loving "household" I'd ever had the privilege of being in. Of course, that is before I walked into Demi's house. It's pretty extraordinary for me to think that Anna-Marie started the orphanage when she was in her mid 20's. Now she's going to be a parent- an amazing one, that is. She was like a mother to me and treated me as if I was her own.

Once I met the Lovato's, it was as if all of the puzzle pieces started falling into place. It's been a lovely 5 years since I first met Demi.

I'm 18 now, and about to graduate with honors and the top of my class. The Lovato's brought my potential out and helped me succeed. I've written a couple of songs here and there as well. However, I've kept my focus on my studies and as soon as I've graduated I want to pursue a music career and walk in Demi's footsteps. 

Remember how my life used to be the rockiest thing ever?

Now it's stable and filled with unconditional love.

Dallas ended up getting married to her real-life prince charming and they're doing just fine. At their wedding, Maddie and I ended up being the flower girls and it was bucketloads of fun. We literally just goofed off the entire time. At her wedding, it really felt like I was apart of the family. I'd felt like I was apart of the family before that, but being apart of something so monumental really made me feel like I had made it into the family.

Maddie is currently living out her dreams in New York and she's on Broadway. She's enjoying every moment of the spotlight and she's truly just on the adventure that life is. We've become so close as sisters and it's hard to believe that when we first met she absolutely despised me. 

Demi is still writing songs and going on world tours. I'm still living with her as well. She really helped me out in high school and we made tons of memories that I will cherish forever, and we're just going to keep making more. 

With my mom and Eddie, we've grown our relationship and although it'll never be as strong as the bond they share with Demi, Dallas, or Maddie, it's a bond that I'm very lucky to have. They're doing better than ever and happily enjoying retirement. 

Now, what have I been through in the last 5 years?

I met a guy named Noah and we really hit it off. We've been together for the last few months and I think that it's really going to blossom into something amazing. High school was definitely a challenge, but I've been up for every challenge that's been thrown my way. 

I'm heading to UCLA in the fall and I'm going into their arts program. I got accepted with a full-ride scholarship. Turns out playing basketball in high school was the key to my acceptance. 

And it turns out going through all of those foster families was for something. It was so that I could meet my actual family. These people have taught me what family is. Although it may have been rocky at times, there are always bumps in the road wherever you are in life. 

Anna-Marie is about to give birth, so I better get going. I guess that's my cue to leave. 

Who knew that a silly contest would turn my life upside down?

A/N:

Lately, a lot of people have been asking me to update, so here it is, the last chapter of Upside Down!

Thank you for all of your support on this book over the years!

It's been almost 3 years since I first started writing this mess of a book. If I'm being honest, I lost the motivation to write and as usual, school has been keeping me busy. Life always seems to be busy lately, but I'm glad I made time to finish this book. Thank you for reading, voting and commenting on this book! I couldn't have done it without all of you readers because you give me the motivation to write:)

This book would be nothing without you guys. I started this book 3 years ago with the hope that it would be yet another way to spend my time while doing something meaningful. While I'm writing this, the book has over 47K reads. Never in a million years would I think that many people would read what I wrote.

I hope that you've enjoyed Upside Down! If you need something else to read, I have another Demi fanfic called "Just Another Lovato".

Until next time,

Thanks for everything!

Remember that you're beautiful just the way you are.

Stay Strong. xx

xxJ

Twitter: @suggxballinger

Instagram: @suggthemonkey