-18

Demi POV:

"Now I'm out here looking like revenge"
"Hey! That's your song, ain't it?"
"Yep."

I reached out to change the station but Rachel's hand stopped me.

"Can you not change it?"
"Of course." I grinned at Rachel and let my recorded voice echo through the car.

Rachel and I were driving to go to the Ellen show because I was being interviewed today. Just as I predicted, she had a struggle getting out of bed at 7. But I can't blame her, it was hard for me to get out of bed at 7 as well.

Once getting through the gates of the studio, we parked and were ushered into the hair and makeup room. Rachel sat across from me, on a couch, while I got my hair done. 

Rachel POV :

"Hey! Demi! I'm just going to walk around the set for a bit. Is that fine?" I talked to Demi as she was getting her hair done.

" Yeah of course. Do you have your phone and badge on you?" She questioned.

"Yep. I'll be back before you go on," I answered.

Demi is the first person on today, so I don't have to worry about accidentally walking onto a live show or anything. That's lucky for me.

"Haven't seen you around", a person behind me muttered.

"And you are?" I questioned.
A cute boy was standing in front of me.  He had brown hair, blue eyes, and a figure that was to kill for.  He was rocking some black jeans, paired with a P!ATD graphic tee and a plaid hoodie. He looked like the typical skater boy.

"Ashton,  Ashton, Thompson. Now, who might you be?"

"Call me Rachel," I replied sassily.

"Rachel. I like it, and you got some attitude. Now, what are you doing here today? Are you a celeb? Did you hear Demi Lovato is here today? OMG! She's so perfect and I just love her! I want to meet her so badly!" Ashton went on and on about Demi.

"Oh yeah. Demi Lovato. I mean, I've met her a few times. She's really nice."

"Really? OMG. You met the queen herself?"
Ashton's full fanboy mode had activated.

One side of me wanted to tell him I knew Demi personally, but the other side of me didn't want to.  I didn't want him to like me just because I knew Dem.

"Yeah I've met her at meet and greets, she's amazing."

"OMG. That's so cool! I want to meet her so badly!"

"Yeah. She's honestly amazing. Maybe you'll see her today?"

"Maybe, but I'm supposed to be working at the catering table. My mom owns the catering company."

Oh, so that's why he was here!

"Sounds cool. I gotta go, but maybe I'll see you around?"

"Here's my number."
He shreds a piece of paper from his pocket and uses a pen that's been lying around to write down his number.
445-987-2837

"Thanks. See ya around"
I leave to meet Demi back in the dressing room before she has to go on stage.

When I get back to Demi, she's just getting her makeup finished up. The look she's going for is natural and looks amazing.

"You find anything interesting out there?" Demi asks me.

"I might've found a cute boy," I say with a slight grin.

"Ahah cute." She grins playfully. "But ya know you're not dating 'til you're 16, right ?"

"Yep, not that I'd want to!"

Does Demi actually mean that? What if I wanted to date Ashton? Rachel Thompson doesn't sound too bad. Maybe Demi would let me date him if she knew him?

Demi got ushered out to the stage and I went back to my thoughts.

What would Diana and Eddie think? Would they send me back? Would they disown me? What about Maddie? Dallas? How would they react if I got a boyfriend?

My mind was spinning with thoughts the whole time, but before I knew it Demi was done with her interview.

"Let's go play mini golf !" Demi's voice echoed through the dressing room. She got changed into more appropriate mini golf clothes and we headed down to the mini golf place. Diana, Eddie, Maddie, and Dallas were all going to meet us there.

***
"That was totally in!"
"It bounced out!"
"It counts!"
"Just give her the point !"

Demi had just hit a ball "in", but it bounced out, so everyone was arguing about whether or not it counted. I was voting for it not to be counted. If it bounces out, it doesn't count. Simple as that. Demi, however, was adamant about that counting as "in". We eventually all just gave up arguing, so it counted as "in", much to my dismay.

"In last place was Diana with 70 points.
In 5th was Dallas with 65 points.
In 4th was Maddie with 55 points.
In 3rd was me with 54 points.
In 2nd was Rachel with 50 points.
And 1st was Demi with 49 points." Eddie read out our scores.

"I could've won! It's because of that one point!" I jokingly accused Demi. I didn't really care about winning or not.

"It was 100% fair and square", she stated while prancing around.

"Mhmmm," Diana said while laughing.

We joked around all the way to the ice cream parlor, where I got a mango sorbet. It was heaven in a lick.

Demi and I headed home for dinner and parted ways with the rest of the gang. We ended up ordering Chinese takeout and it was amazing. My fried rice and sweet and sour pork tasted delicious.

I ended up passing out on the couch, leaving Demi to carry me back upstairs.

But still, one thing was on my mind. 

Ashton.

A/N:
Hi! I'm back! The last time I updated was at the end of January and I honestly apologize for not updating. Life has just been busy. School has been getting the best of me, but I'll be out in just over a month. I felt the inspiration to write, so here's the new chapter. Finals are coming up, so don't expect extremely frequent updates, but I'll try to update frequently in the summer :) I hope that y'all are having a good May:)

Remember, you are beautiful just the way you are.
Stay strong. xx

xxJ

Twitter: @suggxballinger
Instagram: @suggthemonkey