-3

-EARLY UPDATE-

Rachel POV:

I woke up and got dressed immediately. I had no time to dilly dally. My friends were picking me up in half an hour as we were going shopping and then having a sleepover. I put on a quick layer of lip gloss, popped on a pair of black skinny jeans with red flannel and a black graphic tee. I went downstairs ate some fruit loops and before I knew it, it was time to go shopping. I headed into the car filled with three of my best friends. Maddie, Taylor, and Anna. We got dropped off at the nearest mall, by Maddie's mom, and walked towards Forever 21. I had saved money for a couple of weeks, and Anna-Marie had given me $5 to use so I had enough money for lunch and a shirt or two.  I always loved spending time with my friends.

   Hours in, and dollars later, we were each standing waiting to be picked up, with at least two bags in our hands.  Maddie's mom came by and brought us back to Maddie's place.  We put our bags in Maddie's room and went to the kitchen for lunch.  We were having pasta.  I had a bowl of it and washed it all down with a glass of Coke.  We went upstairs and sat in peaceful silence.  Well, we were, until I brought up the idea of us playing Truth or Dare.

  How we played was using a lotion bottle and spinning it on the floor to pick the next victim.  "Dare", I spoke, as the bottle landed on me.  "I dare you to take off your shirt", Taylor dared me.  It wasn't awkward as they had all seen me without a shirt on before.  We moved on from me and I spun the bottle while putting my shirt back on.  It landed on Anna. "Dare", she picked. "I dare you to kiss somebody in this room on the forehead.  She spun the bottle to make the decision.  It landed on me.  She leaned over and kissed me on the forehead.  Then she proceeded to pretend she was tucking me in bed and that was my goodnight kiss.  We were all laughing by the end of it.

  Time flew by before our eyes, and soon we were snuggled up on the couch watching Beauty and the Beast.  The remnants of pizza laid across us all.  It was nice to be with my friends again.  Even though we all didn't live that far apart, our schedules clashed a lot, resulting in us seeing each other less.  We all stood up and cleaned up the couch, then ran up back to Maddie's room.  Mrs. Watre, Maddie's mom told us all to go to sleep, then closed the bedroom door. Of course, we weren't going to sleep.  We were going to stay up, talking about Demi Lovato.  The one person who brought us all together.
"Did you see her Grammy Awards dress?"
"Yeah, she looked absolutely stunning!"
Soon our eyes began to water, a mixture of laughter and exhaustion.  We all decided we would at least try to go to sleep.  Taylor and Maddie fell asleep, knowing that they were deep sleepers, Anna and I took sharpies and began working on their faces.  I drew a message on Taylor's forehead saying, 'I love Demi's boobs'. Ahah, it looked pretty good as well, if you ask me.  Meanwhile, Anna was working on Maddie's forehead. She had written 'Hi I'm A Lovatic', and it was actually quite hilarious.

  We decided to go to sleep before they woke up, afraid we were making too much noise.  I curled up into the sleeping bag that was placed on the floor.  I stayed awake for a while pondering about everything in life, worrying about my future, anxious about life.  But one thing stayed in the back of my mind.  Who was going to win the concert tickets? I fell asleep to the thought of that, breathing steadily.

  -Meanwhile at Cyna 94.5 Radio-

Demi POV:

Most of the kids who auditioned haven't had the spark I wanted in the winning audition.  We're almost at the end of the tapes, but I still haven't got a prominent winner.  I wanted a voice that gave emotion.  That related to the lyrics in the song as if they had written them.  I wanted to hear one voice, one voice that would stick in my mind forever.  

"Skies are crying. I am watching"

I told them to stop the tape and tell me who this talented girl was.  Even within that single verse, I felt emotionally connected to this girl that had such a mesmerizing voice, with so much passion.  Almost as if it was fate that I saw this tape.  She seemed so carefree about this song, the song being sung so naturally.  I decided to hear a few more verses while waiting for them to find the name of this young girl.

  Catching teardrops in my hands
Only silence, as it's ending
Like we never had a chance
Do you have to make me feel like
There's nothing left of me?  

  You can take everything I have
You can break everything I am
Like I'm made of glass
Like I'm made of paper
Go on and try to tear me down
I will be rising from the ground
Like a skyscraper, like a skyscraper

By the chorus, I was ready to applaud this kid.  She had it all, she was special.

"Rachel Eagan", they replied. 

"That's the kid", I told them.

Rachel Eagan was a precious kid.

A/N: I hope that you enjoyed this chapter:) School is pretty sucky, but I love writing for you guys.

New updates on Fridays, Saturdays, or Sundays.

Remember to hit that 'lil star to vote:) There's a 100% chance I'll smile if you do:)

If you're feeling VERY generous, you can also comment or follow me. :)

Stalk Me:

Twitter: @suggxballinger

Instagram: @suggthemonkey

Remember that you're beautiful just the way you are. Stay Strong.

xxJ