-6

Demi POV:

Dear Demi,

Thank you for helping me through the dark spots in my life, countless amounts of times. You may never read this, nor know who I am. But that concerns me the least. I just want you to know that I am thankful for you coming into my life. Helping me when you may not even know it through your music and tweets. A single song lyric may not mean much to you, but it can mean everything and more to a person like me. 

It was all so genuine and you could tell it was coming straight from the heart.

You see, I'm a foster kid. That means endless encounters with trouble for me. And if you even slightly know who I am, I'm the girl who won the radio contest. My last name isn't even Eagan. I'm back in the orphanage with no last name. That's just the most recent last name I've had. Thank you for turning my frown upside down and making me feel beautiful and wanted in life. Introducing me to my closest friends, just because of our bond over your music. Thanks for helping me stay on the right path in life, and keeping my head above the water.

I wanted to get you something, as a thank you for all these years of you keeping me happy. But I'm not rich and loaded with cash. I couldn't even pay for this ticket, but enclosed is a small notebook filled with inspiring quotes, hilarious ones, and a few love ones. Depending on your mood or what you are feeling you can look at them if you need a boost of confidence or if you need something to make you smile. Now I know that there is still a 0.01% chance that you are reading this but for the last time, I wanted to say thank you. So, thank you for being the light that shines on me even when I'm in the dark.

Sincerely,

Rachel.

By the end, I was in tears.  Knowing I had such an effect on such a young kid was heartwarming.  I opened the notebook and saw quotes written on each page.  They were illustrated so beautifully.  I tried searching the letter and notebook for some sign of who she was.  Like a return address, or a twitter handle.  Instead, I found nothing.  Usually, fans wanted to be noticed and I was fine with that.  But why didn't she want to be noticed? 

The opening sequence started playing and Mads, I, and the popcorn got up onto the bed.

2 bowls of popcorn and 3 boxes of tissues later we had finished Marley and Me.  Yes, yes,  I know it's a children's movie, but it tugs at my heartstrings and makes me smile.  

"Demi! I'm down here!" My mother yelled from the front landing.

"Coming!" I yelled back.

"Aye! Mads, come down with your stuff! Mom's here to pick you up!"

The door closed and I sat down exhausted on the couch.  Mads had something to do early tomorrow,  so sadly she had to go home.  

The only thing coming to mind was the girl.  The girl who sang like an angel.  Knowing that she had no parents made me want to give her a family.  I wanted to be her family. I needed to know who she was.  Tomorrow I was going to phone up the radio station.  They must have some information on Rachel, otherwise, how would she win?  She mentioned her last name was Eagan.  Or at least her most recent last name.  Somehow she intrigued me. 

 I've never met a fan that has felt so close yet so far to me. 

I got ready for the night, taking off my makeup and doing my nightly routine.

Rachel POV:

Smiling, I tucked myself up into bed.  Demi had tweeted that she was going to sleep for the night, so I decided I should too.   It was close to midnight anyways.  I felt like tomorrow was going to be a good day.  I just had a feeling.

A/N:
I hope that you enjoyed this chapter:) Sorry for the short chapter. School has been busy as usual, and I was rushing to get my update done.  If you have any questions or suggestions, even comments, leave them below:) They always bring a smile to my face.

New updates on Fridays, Saturdays, or Sundays.

Remember to hit that 'lil star to vote:)

If you're feeling VERY generous, you can also comment or follow me :)

Stalk Me:

Twitter: @suggxballinger

Instagram: @suggthemonkey

Remember that you're beautiful just the way you are. Stay Strong.

xxJ