Highschool Again

Jasmine stormed all the way towards her dorm room not caring about the looks she received. She did turn back once after leaving Brooke, because like they say: it's harder to walk away if you spare a last glance, so she didn't.
It was as if her roommate was prepared to listen to Jasmine rant the minute she slammed the door shut.

"I feel like I'm in high school again, with this stupid ass crush," yelled Jasmine in frustration. "What is wrong me? I'm sitting here giving her too many fucks, whereas she probably over there giving zero fucks about me," she growled.

"I honestly don't think she cares for you," replies back my college roommate, Ariel.

"Me too, but I'm still stuck on her! Why is that, when she even said it herself that she didn't care for me??!" Jasmine cried out loud, before screaming into her pillow.

"It okay, Cupid is an asshole. He is always shooting people with the wrong damn arrow," says Ariel in a comforting tone.

"Well, Cupid needs to get his shit together, because I'm tired of wasting these feelings on someone who doesn't even appreciate them," said Jasmine with a frown.

"I feel you, try being me and your crush doesn't even know you exist. It's like I'm invisible!" whined Ariel.

"Oh gosh, I really can't be you. I would feel shitty. I would be an absolute train wreck!"

"How do you think I feel?? I'm dying inside and..." However, Ariel stops mid-sentence as she and Jasmine busted simultaneously into another one of their classical sing-alongs.

"Heyyy."

"How you doing?"

"I'm doing just fine.

"I lie, I'm dying inside." They both sung together before chuckling.

"I knew you were going to do that!" Ariel says.

"Hey, you sign yourself up for that. You should have known better than to say the line, "Dying inside."

"Gee Jasmine, it's nice to see that me explaining my pain brings you such joy."

"It does because I love you."

"I totally feel the love." 

"Whatever," Jasmine said while rolling her eyes. "Anyways, what should we do? We can't just be two depressed messes holed up in their bedroom. Okay, we are two sexy grown, black, independent women, and if they can't appreciate us for who are, why should we mope around over them? I'm a whole treat, so I don't know why I'm here."

"Ha, you mean you're a whole nightmare."

"Ariel, you're going to have to stop coming for me. One day, everyone will appreciate the art that I am and will regret the way they treated MEE!" Jasmine said in a defensive tone. 

"Okay. Okay. Down girl. Don't get your "panties" in a twist... *cough* it was all just a joke," said Ariel sarcastically.

"What's the quotation marks for ?" asked Jasmine.

"I mean I said "panties" like that because it's not like you're actually wearing panties underneath that dress, or as if you wear panties in general."

"First of all, I am. I am NOT about that freeballing life,  especially considering how easily wet I get."

"Ew. Eww. Ewwwww! Please stop. You're canceled. I didn't need to hear that.  That was too much information, honey. One of these days, you will learn how to get a filter."

"But I'm so serious though. If I were not to wear panties, I would leave a wet trail to most of my destinations."

"Oh my gosh! Okay. Okay. I get it! Just stop the madness woman, and let's go clubbing!"

Jasmine smirk as she dropped the topic. "I was waiting for you to ask that."

"You conniving little brat. You trick me into saying that, didn't you?"

"Of course I did.  Can't be going clubbing on my own now. Now, let's get dress. We got a night to remember, and I don't plan to waste any minute of it," Jasmine said as she clapped her hands excitedly.