Girls Like Girls

The next day, Jasmine woke up with serious determination. She was going to ask Brooke out today, regardless of the consequences. After several prep talks, Jasmine finally found the courage to look for Brooke. As always, it took some time before she finally found her in the lounge.

"Hey, I was wondering, do you want to um...go out with me... to do an activity or something?" Jasmine asks nervously.

Brooke laughed. "Is this your way of asking me out?"

"I mean, is it a good attempt at doing so?"

Brooke laughed once again, which made Jasmine blush furiously.

"I'm guessing that's a no," said Jasmine in embarrassment.

"Of course not, it's a yes. I'm just surprised you're the one who's asking me out considering you're not the dominant one in this relationship," Brooke said jokingly.

"I'm aware of that, but knowing you; it seems like it would take some time before you made the first move, so I thought I'll shoot my shot," Jasmine said with a shrugged.

"Oh look. You know me so well."

"I do. Anyways, I'll pick you up at 6. Dress casually," Jasmine said before leaving.
A bubbly feeling consumed Brooke as she was excited about going on her first date in years!

At 6, Brooke heard a soft knock on her door. She opens it up, and there was Jasmine in tight leggings and a cute, fancy crop top.

"Wow," Brooke said, "You clearly dress to impress. I don't think "casual" exist in your vocabulary."

"Sure it does. It exists when I'm at work," Jasmine said as she enters Brooke's dorm.

"Barely. It sure doesn't exist during slams night."

"Of course not. I'm trying to impress during slam night."

"I can tell."

That statement caused Jasmine to smile as she continued to explore Brooke's room.

"Your dorm is so you. I love it," said Jasmine in her attempts at complimenting Brooke.

"Yeah," said Brooke uncomfortably, "Are you ready to go?"

"Yes, I️ can't wait till you get to see what I have planned for us today," said Jasmine in excitement.

Once they arrived at their destination, Brooke's mouth open in awe. Jasmine had led them to a pond with the prettiest flowers surrounding it; and the way the sunbeam on the pond made the sight even more beautiful.

"Wow. This view is incredible!" Brooke exclaim.

"I know, now let's go paddle boating."

"What? Is that what we're doing? Oh my gosh, this is amazing!" Brooke said while Jasmine interlace their fingers together to go rent a paddle boat.

For hours, Jasmine and Brooke had been paddling away in the beautiful weather.

"So, Brooke, isn't it odd that I haven't gotten your digits yet?" asked Jasmine.

"Yes, very so. We should fix that."

"That we should," Jasmine said with a smile as she recited her number.

As they continue to paddle, Jasmine grabbed hold of Brooke's hand once again. That's when Brooke notice the scaring on her fingers.

"What happen there?" asked Brooke curiously.

"Oh that. It's a silly story."

"Do tell. I have all the time to spare."

"Okay," Jasmine said while blushing. "What happened was, I was supposed to be taking the trash up to the curb. Mind you the trash was overflowing and was extremely HEAVVYYY."