Cut

Jasmine walked into Brooke's dorm without acknowledging her presence, and maybe that was her first mistake. Jasmine realized something was odd by the way the eery silence surrounded the room. As she walked around her bedroom she realizes it was empty. She then decided to go to Brooke's bathroom. That was her ultimate mistake. Next thing she knew, she was seeing a sight that she never wished to see. 

      There right next to the sink, was Brooke slowly putting a razor blade against her skin.  Tears were streaming down her face rapidly as she quietly whispered to herself.

"Brooke, what are you doing?"

Brooke looked up with surprise written on her face. "Jasmine, what are you doing here?" She asks as she tried to quickly hide the blade behind her back. Jasmine observed Brooke's blotchy face and her bloodshot eyes. Brooke was clearly devastated and this broke Jasmine's heart into pieces.

"Brooke...why? What happened to being clean?" Jasmine asked in a small voice. 

"Clean isn't shit! Can't you see! I'm a damaged piece of shit! I deserve all the scars that I put on myself. It's the only thing that makes me..." Brooke said before she started sobbing. 
Jasmine walked towards Brooke and grabbed her wrist. She gently removed the razor from her hand and disposed it into the trash.

"Brooke, honey. You are so much better than this. You've been clean for years now. You can't just break that resistance like that, baby. I believe in you, so you should believe in yourself too. These scars you have now ... those are the battle scars that enhances your beauty, and you DO NOT need any more enhancement to your beauty; I like you just the way you are. Flaws and all." 

A small smile spread upon Brooke's lip as she sniffled.

"Why do you have the ability to make me smile even during the hardest of time?" Brooke asked.
Jasmine pulled Brooke into a huge hug before saying, "I don't know. Maybe, I'm just the missing piece in your life that you needed in moments like this."

"Maybe so, I'm so glad I've met you," Brooke whispered as she snuggled her head on Jasmine's shoulder.