Chapter Eleven

OKAY SO THIS CHAPTER IS TODAY (JUNE 2 2017)

I walked into the school after lunch and went straight to my cooking class and did everything the teacher wanted to happen. There wasn't much done today so we ended early and watched part of a Chopped Canada episode. The last period I went to my psychology class and did all my work needed quickly, and started working on what was supposed to be my homework. I went on my phone and saw a snapchat from Dylan and Owen Headrick. I opened Owen's first and saw that he was hanging out with Dylan. I replied with a selfie of me dying in class with a hand gun to my head. I opened Dylan's and it was a selfie of him and Owen saying to come to his house after school. I snapped him back and said yeah sure whatever. at 2:10 I started packing up my binders and pencils and stuff and got together everything else. The bell rang five minutes later and I went straight to my truck as I had lot's of homework.

"Hey Sam!" Kyla yelled. Kyla was my lab partner in grade 10 science a few years ago.

"Hey Kyla, whats up?" I asked stopping to the side of the hallway and standing with her. She's doesn't really have many friends because sometimes she can be a real bitch, so I try to be as nice as possible to her.

"Hey just wanted to say Happy birthday!" She said happily.

"Awe thank you!" I replied nicely.

"Okay well I have to go catch a bus, hope you have a good day!" She said running away. Everyone's been stopping me and saying happy birthday today, yeah it's my 18th birthday. I got to my truck with like three more people stopping me and started it, trying to get away as fast as possible. I drove down to Dylan's house with the radio on, happily my favourite song came on, Hurricane by Luke Combs. With my windows rolled down and my music up loud, with it being my favourite song, it's probably one of my favourite feelings. the only thing that would make it better would be if Dylan was with me to be honest. Soon I got to his house and parked in the driveway. I knocked on the door and just walked in, just in case anything was happening seeing as his mom was home. I walked in and took my shoes off, going straight to the kitchen and getting a glass of water, then going up to Dylan's room. The door was open and I walked in sitting on the bed beside Dylan and Owen as they played some video game. 

"Did you not have practice today? I thought you might come over after that." Dylan said not taking his eyes off of the screen.

"Yeah but I wasn't going, my coach let me take it off seeing as it's my birfday." I said then taking a sip of the ice cold water. Dylan paused the game and took the water out of my hand. "Uh excuse me?" I asked laughing spilling a little bit on myself. he put the water on the bedside table and looked at me with a straight face. I started laughing, "what?"

"Happy birthday my princess." He yelled wrapping his arms around me and laughing. He kissed my head multiple times and squeezed tighter. 

"Happs my best friend." Owen said giving me a high five as Dylan's still cuddled into me. 

"Thanks bud." I said laughing a little. After a little while Dylan went back to playing the game, and about 20 minutes later Owen left. 

"Okay I gotta present for you."

"Ugh no now you're gonna make me feel bad all I got you was a watch and a Nike sweater."

"A watch that is really good quality that I wear everyday and my favourite sweater that I'm going to wear for campfires in the summer all the time." Dylan said causing me to laugh a little. "Okay let me go get it." Dylan went into the closet for a minute and got an envelope off the top self. he came back over to me and handed it to me. I took the envelope and opened it, there was a really cute card there. I opened it and out fell two tickets to the They Don't Know Tour tonight. This is for Jason Aldean who is definitely one of my favourite artists ever.