Chapter Fifteen

I walked into my dorm after a class, and laid on my bed, looking through the Instagram explore page for a while. I sat up and grabbed my backpack, pulling out a binder and my laptop. I started doing some homework while listening to some music. I texted Dylan quickly saying hey, how's practice.

After two hours of homework, there was still no text back from Dylan. Katelyn came back and we decided to go out for dinner. We went to Sachiko Sushi, it's honestly the best Japanese restaurant in Tucson. We went back to the dorm after spending a good $80 on sushi, and being quite full may I add. We walked in and just laid down on our beds. I looked at my phone and there was still no text from Dylan, he did read it though. I was starting to get worried about him. He always answers as quickly as possible, and he's never taken this long, it's been four hours.

"Hey do you wanna watch a movie? Class doesn't start until 12 tomorrow so we can stay up later." Katelyn said.

"I should actually go and check on Dylan, something seems really off." I said. She nodded.

"Okay I'll be here when you get back." She told me. I stood up from my bed and grabbed my keys, phone, and put them in a bag with my wallet. I walked out to my truck and drove down to Dylan's apartment. I used my key to unlock the door and slowly and quietly walked in, closing the door behind me and taking my shoes off. I walked in a little more, all the lights still off, but Dylan's car outside, it's not like him to go to sleep at 9:30 pm. I set my bag down on the ground in the living room and walked through the apartment, into the kitchen, then into the office, and I could hear someone talking from Dylan's room.

"Don't worry about it, no one will know, especially not Sam." Someone said. My heart picked up it's pace by about 700 miles an hour. There was a laugh from his room.

"We've been doing this for so long Dylan, don't you think she's suspicious by now? You not texting her back, or answering her calls and facetimes. And you always being at something for hockey or with the boys?" A girl said. That made my heart drop.

"No, she's not the brightest, she doesn't suspect a thing." I could feel my face start to heat up, and my eyes getting all watery. I walked out of the office, and stopped right in front of Dylan's closed door.

"You're the best." Said the girl. "I would hate to be Sam, being fooled for four months that you actually love her, and that she's the only one."

"I do love her, I have all the time, it's just she's never slept with me and I'm 20, I need that."

"Yes you do, baby." I heard a kissing sound and that just broke me. My genius mind decided to open the door.

"You could have said something you dick." I said. I walked out and back into the office, and grabbed a picture frame that had a picture of me and Dylan from when he won the OHL cup. I threw the picture at him, still crying.

"Did the past three years mean nothing to you? Do I mean nothing to you? See if you really loved me, you would've asked about it, and we could've done anything. But you decided to go behind my back and done this, for four months! I loved you... I thought you felt the same." I walked out of his room, okay, I ran, and to the front door, picking up my bag and putting my shoes on. I ran out of the building and to my truck. I got in it and turned it on, turning the radio off and I just started crying once again. I couldn't stop. I looked up and saw Dylan's little girlfriend walking out of the apartment building crying too, with Dylan still nowhere to be found. I got out of the truck and walked over to her.

"Why are you crying?" I asked.

"Dylan told me that him and I were never supposed to be together and it was a huge mistake, I was really falling for him, and I know this is so much harder for you, but I can't help but being sad about it. I know he never felt anything for me and what he said helped prove that." She said. She wiped away a few tears. "My names Paris by the way." I nodded.

"Well you already know who I am obviously, but what did he say to you?" I asked. She sighed.

"Why are you being so nice to me?" she asked.

"Because if i was the one who was cheated with I'd still want the other girl to be nice to me." I said.

"Well, thanks, and I'm really sorry. But he said that you meant the world to him and he should've just talked to you. He also yelled at me to get my clothes and get out. So I did. He threw my phone and me and slammed the door behind me. After deleted my number, blocking my snap and Instagram." She said. I nodded. "I should go, bye." She said and left.

I walked back to my truck and still had tears streaming down my face. I drove back to the dorms and went into my room. I walked into the dorm and looked at Katelyn. She immediately stood up and hugged me.

"What's wrong?" She asked after a few minutes of just us hugging silently, other than my sniffles and little hiccups. We sat down on the floor, Katelyn against her bed and I was against mine.

"I walked into Dylan's apartment and he wasn't anywhere to be found, and then I went to his office and I heard him and another girl and I walked in and saw them in bed together and... He cheated on my Katelyn." I said and started to cry even more. "I loved him. We were together for three years, in January it would've been four. I've spent so much of my time on him and all I get is cheated on." I said. I put my hands to my face.

"Awe babe. He's stupid. He never deserved you and you're way to good for him." Katelyn said. My phone vibrated. I looked down and saw Dylan's name on the screen. I threw my phone down and put my hands on my eyes, letting the tears fall. I stood up after about five more minutes and changed, putting on a long sleeve pyjama shirt and shorts. I crawled into my bed and didn't set my alarm, and left my phone on the floor.