Capital City

That morning, Takeshi and Lihua made love for the last time in their little hut before they left their cave of a home.  Lihua use the deer skin bags that Takeshi made to store six bag full of the heavenly water.  Other than the heavenly water and the few set of clothing that they wore, there was nothing else for them to bring with them.  Takeshi carried five deer skin bags of the heavenly water, while Lihua carried one bag and the bundle of three white enchanted clothing sets that they found in the hut. 

Takeshi lead the way back to the capital city and on the way he held her hand.  However when they reached the bottom of the mountain and came closer to the city gates, Lihua released his hand and walked a step behind him.  Takeshi gave her a look of anger, but she didn't look at him back.  Instead she stared down at the ground in front of her.  When he stopped, she stopped.  When he step forward one step, she did too.  

"Why are you acting this way?"  Takeshi asked before they reached the gates.  

"We have to keep up appearances."  Lihua said.  "Who knows, after ten years how many enemies will still be targeting you, if they see us holding hands, I will be a weakness that both of us cannot afford." 

"Are you suggesting that this King cannot protect you?"  Takeshi said harshly. 

"No, you misunderstand."  Lihua quickly said as she grab hold of his sleeve.  "If they don't know how important I am to you, then they can't target me to hurt you.  With them thinking that I'm just a servant, we would be able to make our moves in the dark more swiftly and quietly.  If we draw their attention towards us, then they can use that against us." 

Takeshi gave Lihua a hard stare before turning around and started walking again.  Lihua followed, just like an obedient servant should.  

The guards at the gate were veteran soldiers, who became gate soldiers in their later years, quickly noticed the missing Hell King walking towards them in a white billowy outfit.  The wind blew his clothes making him look majestic.  His hair waved along side the wind as well as his cold silver eyes that they've all heard about bore down on them as he walked toward them. 

The captain of the gates bowed and when he bowed, the rest of the guards bowed as well.

"All hail the return of the Hell King!  We thank the Gods, that the Hell King has returned safely.  Hail, hail, hail."  

"Hail, hail, hail."   Everyone else shouted.  

"Stand up."  Takeshi tells everyone.  "Send word to my King Brother that I have come back safe and sound.  I shall visit him immediately, after I stop by my estate." 

"As the Hell King demands, this servant shall do."  The captain of the gates said as he sent word to the King.  

A carriage was summoned  for Hell King and his guest.  They soon left the gates and by the time they arrived to his estate, word had spread through out the city like a virus of the Hell King's return.  

His servants were already lined outside waiting for him when the carriage arrived.  The door was immediately opened and with one look upon his magnificent healthy figure, there was a cry of disbelief and relief that their master returned safely.  Their happiness was soon cut short when the next person who came out scared them.  

The girl, on the cusp of womanhood, had the markings of poisoned on her face.  It made her terrifying aura more menacing with the black and red butterfly poisoned mask on.   How did their Master meet such a terrifying woman?  How is she related to his disappearance and reappearance? How does she know their master at all? 

"Stand."  Takeshi orders them.  "Pay the carriage for this King has returned safely."  

His servants bows again and waits until he enters his estate.  Once inside, everyone files in and closes the door.  He orders the head steward, Eli around.  

"Eli, prepare a bath for me and prepare clothes for me to wear to meet my King Brother. I also want the bedroom next to me cleaned and prepared for my guest, Lihua. Make sure to take good care of her, for she is this King's savior." 

Eli quickly looks at the young woman next to his master then issued orders like a general at battle.  By the time they reach his home, the bath has been drawn for him and his clothes set out on his bed.  Instead of going into her own room, she follows Takeshi into his and sits down on his bed next to his fancy court clothes.  It was made out of black silk and on it was an embroidered gold dragon.  

Eli hesitated for a second thinking to tell the young woman away, but seeing how his master didn't say anything, he too, kept his mouth shut as he and two other male servants undressed him.  Once naked, Lihua couldn't keep her wandering eyes off of his body, so instead she wantonly watched his backside as he walked into the steaming room, where the bath tub resided. She followed him into the steaming room as he soaked while Eli caught him up on household and political matters.  

"Everything in your estate had not been touched by anyone.  Your business and wealth has grown and have been taken care of this servant as you instructed.  I will have all the account books on your desk upon your return so you can go through them."  Eli said critically not wanting to elaborate in front of his master's 'savior'.  "As for King Nao, he has ha firm hold on the throne and has a balance between the right Prime Minister and their followers and the Left Prime Minister and their followers.  King Nao, now has 30 concubines.  Since you disappeared, he has borne 3 sons and 4 daughters all to concubines.  Crown Prince Jing Guo has been married for over a year now as well as a concubine."  

Takeshi's worried eyes met Lihua's hungry eyes that stared back at him.  He scoffed at her brazen actions and continued listening.  

"Crown Prince Jing Guao married the right Prime Minister's daughter Carita and his first merit concubine is left Prime Minister's daughter Lisa." 

"Akira?"  Takeshi asks.  

Eli hesitated for a moment before telling him the truth.  

"After you disappeared, she was heart broken.  King Nao did everything he could to find you, to this day, he still searches for you.  But soon the time he spent cheering up and comforting Lady Akira, they fell in love and have now been married for nine years.  They don't have any children with each other yet.  It is said that Lady Akira is one of his favorite concubines."  

Takeshi swallowed his anger as his blood started bubbling.