Chapter 3.

You may be wondering why she was in a coma at 14 and how she is now 16 and just got out of it.When she was in the car crash at 14, she went into a coma. She then woke from the coma, but she had a seizure because of what happened.She had been in 4 comas in her life up to this point and that was because her body kept shutting down on her so she was purposely put into 2 because of it.The longest coma was the one she had just been in - which lasted a year. I'm sorry if this is really confusing but it won't be as you continue reading. I can't really explain it all without giving away some of the upcoming chapters.

*~*~*~*~*

"Your brother is dead." Those few words slowly seeping into my brain. He couldn't be. I hadn't seen him since I was little, and I was still curious as to what happened after I had fallen asleep in his lap. I searched my Mom's eyes because part of me didn't want to believe her, but part of me knew she was telling the truth. As I looked at her, I couldn't help but notice her tear-stained cheeks, dry skin and...fear? Maybe regret? Her eyes moved from me to the floor. Suddenly realization hit me...My brother is dead.

"Mom. Don't cry. Please don't...."I started to say but my tears were soon falling, 5splashing onto my gown-soaking the fabric.Even though I didn't know my brother that well-or atleast I can't remember-I still felt something towards him and I missed him. My Mum pulled me into a hug once again,and I whispered in her ear,"Tell me everything about him."I pulled away as she was explaining once again.

She went on about how he was the sweetest and most caring person she had ever met.How he had been beaten by my father,night after night,but still managed a smile.How his whimpers could be heard down the hall because of the pain he had been through.

I never noticed how abusive my father was-especially considering he was a drunk. Maybe I never noticed because my brother always managed to look happy,and how he never complained.

She told me that he knew that I looked up to him,so he never wanted to be a bad role model.That was until he had started to get pulled into the wrong crowd of kids-he would tell Mum and Dad that he was studying with his friends.

My parents had found him in the same type of incident Mum and I were in.They were on their way back from the grocer's and they had went to help the person in the car-only to find out it was their son.She told me the image was horrid-how his body was thrown across the windshield,his body in between the car and and an oak tree.

After he was escorted to the hospital-even though they all knew that he was as good as dead, they had gone to his "friends" house and found out what the hell happened. Turns out, Danny and Carter had dared my brother to drive the car down to the market, ditch it, and run back without getting caught. And the worst part out of all of this is the fact that he had to do it while intoxicated.

As I was told this part of her story,anger replaced my previous emotion of being upset.Because of those...of those....assholes,my big brother was gone.I would never see him ever again,as he was six feet under the ground right now.

Devastation took over my anger as I thought to myself.My mind started drifting off as my thoughts put me into a deep slumber,dreaming of where my brother and I could have been at this very moment-making bracelets?Baking cookies?Chasing frogs? Who knows?

*~*~*~*~*~

I woke up to a soft beeping sound.I rolled onto my side as I buried my head deeper into my pillow. Soon enough,I realized the stupid beeping wasn't going to shut off anytime soon.I sat up,rubbing my tired eyes and stumbled out of bed.Two weeks.It had been two weeks since I had awoken from the coma.My uncomfortable cast was taken off last week,and I can finally move my arm freely.