Chapter 6

When we got home almost everyone was gone. Soda was asleep on the couch, Darry was reading the paper in his chair and Johnny was asleep on the floor with a blanket draped over him. I guess Two-Bit and Steve went home. And Dally could be anywhere.

Darry looked at our hands intertwined with a questionable look. Pony let go of my hand and put both of his arms up in innocence. I chuckled and Darry went back to reading his paper.

We walked upstairs but before he went into his room Darry yelled "You better be going into your SEPARATE rooms!" He yelled his voice booming around the house.

I heard a 'THUD' and figured Soda fell off the couch. He came up the stairs said goodnight and went to bed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I woke up early, I could tell because the sun wasn't even up yet. I tip-toed downstairs into the kitchen and grabbed a piece of cake. I was grabbing a plate when I felt arms wrap themselves around my waist. I turned around and saw Ponyboy with a wicked smile across his face. "Morning" he whispered

"Morning" I told him. I put my finger behind me touching my cake just enough to get frosting on it. Before he could say anything I put it on his nose.

"You're gonna regret that," he told me. before he could grab me I ran away. I ran upstairs and hid under his bed without waking up Soda. "I know you in here," I heard him say from a distance, I think he was in my room. I grabbed the bed frame so I was off of the floor so if he looked he wouldn't find me. I heard his footsteps walk into the room. "Jazz Winston I know you're hiding in here," I silently laughed to myself, he will never find me. I could hold myself up here for awhile.

He looked under the bed and didn't see me. I heard him sigh in defeat. I saw his feet leave the room and heard him walk downstairs. I dropped myself back on the floor with a thud. Pony came running back up the stairs I had to grab on really fast again. "Ponyboy what do you think you're doing," Soda said in a sleepy voice.

"Looking for Jazz, she put chocolate icing on my face," he explained to Soda.

"Well we better find her," Soda chuckled still half asleep. 'Oh no now I got Soda looking for me!', I thought to myself.

'I've looked everywhere. Under every bed. In every room, except Darry's of course. I even checked the damn backyard. Where could she be?" Ponyboy asked sounding defeated. I smiled thinking him and Soda would just give up, so I could make a break to my room and lock myself in.

"Maybe she is moving spots, when Darry wakes up we'll find her for sure. She can't hide all day," Soda said the sleepiness no longer in his tone. That is where they are wrong, I could hide all day. I have nowhere to be. "And if us three can't find her then the whole gang will have to go on a search party around the place," he added. Oh no. I can hide from the Curtis Brothers no sweat, but the whole gang? IMPOSSIBLE!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It has been two long hours of hiding from the gang. And yes the whole gang is searching for me around the house. I hear them all yelling my name, and the occasionally Two-Bit saying "Lets give up" and the gang yelling "NO" at him. I have been taking short naps every once in awhile because it gets really boring. Eventually Everyone is downstairs and I run to my room and slam the door to tell them I'm here then lock it.

I hear everyone run upstairs and start knocking on the door. "Jazz we know you're in there" I hear Dally say.

"Prove it" I yell back. I open my window and grab the key to my room.

I start climbing down the gutter. I walk around the house and walk through the front door. I walk upstairs and hide around the corner so they don't see me. They are all facing my door knocking "Maybe we should break the door down" Soda says "You will not break anything in this house" Darry answered.

"BOO," I said from behind them. They all had shocked looks on their faces.

"But... you were in there. We heard you" Dally said with a dumbfounded look on his face.

"Yeah I climbed out the window" I said

Well.... now that you out," Ponyboy said with an evil smile. I knew what he was thinking. I ran down the stairs but he caught me anyway. That boy is the fastest out of all of us, even if he does smoke. He picked me up and through me over his shoulder. I awkwardly put my elbows on his back and rested my head on my hands.

"What did I do to deserve this," I whined as he took me outside.

"You put icing on my my face," he said like it was the worst thing in the world. I just sighed

"Where are we going," I asked annoyed. I had no idea where we were going, we had been walking for 5 blocks.

"On a date, our first date," he said with a smile on his face. I suddenly realized we were walking to the Dingo. I smiled.

"Can I actually walk with you on this date?" I asked hoping he would say 'yes'.

"Sure. If you promise not to do anything bad," he said sternly.

"Fine," I told him sounding defeated. He put me down. I realized that I slept in my clothes from yesterday. Thank God.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Their Date will be in the next chapter. I think I will do a Ponyboy POV. Remember to look at the sunset