T H R E E

edited

I wake up to the ringing of the hotel phone. It's loud and annoying, like most telephones are. It's too far from where I'm lying down, I'd have to reach out twice the length of my arm which is probably quicker if I walk to it - but I'm too lazy. 

The phone rings again and I groan, finally rolling over to my stomach and reach for it with the tips of my fingers.

"Hello?"

"Hey, Sera," Athena's voice rings from the other side of the phone.

"Yes, what do you want, Athena?" I ask, burying my face in the pillow and trying not to doze off as Athena talks.

"Cole and I have gone to breakfast, when are you coming down?" she asks.

"In a bit."

"Have you had breakfast? You'll need it, big day ahead, little sis," Athena tells me. I hesitate between lying or not. Knowing Athena, she'd kill me if I hadn't eaten breakfast and would shower me with the typical 'breakfast is the most important meal of the day' lecture.

"Ah, no, not really..." I say in a guilty voice. There's a quiet 'oh' from the other side.

"Did you at least have room service?"

"Ye - nah, not that too," I grit my teeth.

"WHAT!? Mum is going to freak out if you haven't gotten breakfast!" she half-shouts into the phone, and I pull away slightly. Seriously, woman, mum is going to freak out even more if I break my eardrums/

"What time is it?" I ask and half-groan.

"It's half past eight, you doofus! You have a meet and greet at ten!" she hisses, "get ready!"

"Crap."

"I'll be down gulping my food in five minutes and I'll be out in a bit," I say, putting my hotel slippers on.

"Alright, good girl," Athena says in conclusion, "Cole and I will wait for you at the park outside, okay, cricket?"

"Right you are mate," I say and hang up.

I quickly head down to the breakfast room where I pack in just the teeniest bit of oatmeal and eat it. After finishing that very quick meal, I head back upstairs to freshen up and change.

Now, I am wearing denim shorts, a white tank top, grey cardigan and grey Converse. I slip my sunshades in my hair and walk out the door with my bag on my back.

I get to the park Athena was talking about and scan my eyes over it. But the green space was almost deserted, only having early risers going on morning jogs and a yoga club. A cycling club resting in the corner... and a pack of seagulls digging a rubbish bin.

I ring Athena up on my phone.

"Athena, where the hell are you!?" I almost yell into the phone.

I love my sister, yes I do, but sometimes it's like she's asking for a punch in the face.

"Sorry, baby sis, I went ahead to the event because they wanted the person in charge there," Athena explains, "I'll have someone pick you up from here, do you mind waiting?"

The gears in my head start to run and after a few moments of thinking, I tell her my answer. "I'll walk there or something, find a bus maybe?"

"Are you sure?" Athena doesn't sound too convinced, "you don't even know how to read the street si -"

"Do not mention that!" I scold her, making her chuckle, "and it'll be much quicker if I go myself."

With a sigh, Athena mumbles an alright. "But you better hurry up, we still need to run through a couple of things."