T H I R T Y T H R E E

edited

Thursday comes faster than expected. Let's just get this day over and done with.

I wake up at seven and the sun has already risen, the day is sunny and happy. A smile forms on my face as I jump off my bed.

Athena knocks on my door several minutes after I've got my breakfast and tells me that it's time to go to the venue. The cars are outside and we pile in, including Marcus and Martinus and their dad who came to Oslo last night to accompany the two boys.

Martinus and I don't talk to each other on the way to the venue - like how our new normal has been. A bit. Well, mostly me ignoring him every time he tries to start up a conversation with me. Marcus makes an effort to start up a discussion but when he realises that neither of us will talk, he shuts up and stops trying.

Last night, the five of us: Athena, Cole, Marcus, Martinus and I hung out, looking for dinner. Kjell-Erik practically forced us out and told Athena he'll arrange everything. I noticed that Martinus was always on his phone and not joining in on our conversation even though I actually forced myself to talk to him. Marcus told me that he's talking to a girl who used to be his biggest crush in eighth grade which is hardly a year ago and that broke my heart a little.

I don't even know why I am so angry about how Martinus talks to other girls without me knowing. It's his right to talk to whoever he wants and it shouldn't even matter to me. Somewhere deep down, that angers me although I know that he can say anything to anyone he'd like.I guess this is what he felt when I was talking to Ash a while ago. I think.

I asked Athena, and she told me I'm jealous. I laugh her off and she recites the meanings of jealousy. It means one: feeling or showing envy of someone or their achievements and advantages. Two: feeling or showing suspicion of someone's unfaithfulness in a relationship. But whichever 'jealousy' I'm supposed to be feeling right now, I highly doubt it.

I see Martinus fidgeting his fingers but looks straight ahead. His eyes are somehow darker and his hair looks as if he's messed it up roughly. I must say, he looks good that way. But it would be better if he has a smile on his face. Oh what am I thinking?

Nobody says anything, the car is silent and I'm quite happy.

Even when we'd arrived at the venue, nobody speaks a word. I think Athena knows about this but decides to not say anything, a bummer, really.

The front entrance is crowded already, but the security guards pushes us past them. People are screaming my name but all I can do is smile weakly. It takes an effort, but we make it inside in one piece.

Erik does our costumes for us. He didn't get me leotards and shorts. This time, he gets me just very comfortable tights and tops. Hey, I'm not complaining.

"How do you like it?" he asks when I look at myself in the mirror. I'm wearing plain biker shorts and a pale salmon pink top. Erik doesn't do too much to the hair and keeps it up in a simple ponytail that is curled slightly on the ends.

"Better than the leotard one, that is," I grin.

Marcus and Martinus are the opening act. The audience doesn't know it yet but to be honest, I'm not that excited. I don't want to pull up a second face and convince myself that there's nothing going on with the boys and I.

We are called five minutes prior show time.

"You'll do great!" I say to the boys, mostly to Marcus.

"You'll do great too," Martinus answers.

I glare at the boy, "was I talking to you?" Martinus doesn't answer.