Chapter 12

Author's pov:
"Where is she? As you know she's already so late! But goodness she still hasn't arrived yet, Eric." The queen complained angrily.

She had been tapping her fingers on her arm chair, making Eric's muscles tense from the tension that emits from Her Highness.

"Yes.. She has just lost someone dear 5 days ago and I heard she went to the hospital due to dehydration." He answered lowering her head.

"Pah! How dare she make me wait! What does the Prince see in her to have even loved her for a minute?! Orphell is obviously a better choice." She said with a heavy sigh.

"Mother it's best you stop talking bad about the woman I love." Snow stepped inside the room with a sharp glare.

"Oh... You're glaring at your own mother now are you? How shocking can this girl be?" She joked and sipped on her tea.

Eric bowed and walked to the door. "I shall come back with Ms. (y/n). Excuse me." He said before leaving the room.

*Tick Tock Tick Tock*

(y/n)'s pov:
"Doctor.. How is her condition?" I opened my eyes to see Eric conversing with the doctor.

"She's recovering fast. She can get discharged today."

"Alright.. Thank you so much doctor." Eric thanked gratefully.

The doctor left the room and Eric noticed I was awake.

"Oh.. You're awake?" He asked.

I nodded my head and he sat down on the chair next to my hospital bed.

"What are you doing here?" I asked weakly.

"Ah... Her Majesty ordered me to go get you."

"What? For what reason?"

"Don't you remember? I told you yesterday that she wants to discuss with you.." He eyed the surrounding room and leaned in closer, "About the young master's marriage candidate." He whispered.

I widened my eyes and slowly lowered them.

"Oh.. Right." My shoulders were drooping as well.

Eric looked at my face sadly and he sighed.

He knows of our relationship.

"(y/n).. In all honesty, I don't think you're relationship won't work out very well."

"I.. Know..." I admitted.

"The thing is.. A prince can only get married to a royalty to strengthen 2 countries together. It is necessary for livestock and land." He explained, "The Queen would allow your relationship if it were not for that."

I nodded and played with my fingers.

"I know that but is there really no other way?" I asked desperately looking into his eyes.

"There are many other ways..." He spoke and brightened my mood. "But it will not support the kingdom much." He ended gritting his teeth upon my falling mood.

Politics are scary..

"Well.. I'll be waiting outside. You should go change." He said, smiling slightly.

He pats my back and went out of the room.
I changed my clothes and took a quick shower. After I was finished I checked myself out by the counter as my medication is finished. All I have to do is eat some more.

It seems difficult in my current mood right now..

"Here." Eric said and offered a bag filled with freshly baked bread. "It should help you for 2-3 days. Don't worry, I won't take it out of your paycheck." He assured me.

I smiled at him and thanked him deeply for his kind actions. We went ahead to the castle and we finally reached the Queen's office.

"So, the girl finally decided to show up..." She said with furrowed eyebrows.

I bowed and greeted her.

"Tea please." She ordered me.

I poured tea from the teapot on the table and placed the tea cup gently in front of her.

"Why were you so slow? Was getting here troubling or was it because you didn't want to meet the Queen as you are scared of the consequences?" She attacked.

"Please forgive me as I am unwell, I had to stay at the hospital." I explained shortly.

"Of course I will believe that blatant excuse. I'll get straight to the point." She sipped on her tea and circled her thumb on it's brim, "I want you to make Snow hate you."

I tightened my grip on my wrist and shot my head up to look at the smirking Queen.

"What? Was that request too unexpected for you? My... It was clearly obvious that I wanted you gone, was I not?" She laughed.

To my surprise, I was unintentionally glaring at the Queen leaving her to smile more. Realizing my impolite action, I stopped glaring but not completely.

"Now that I've listened to your request, I shall take my leave..." I squeaked.

Walking out of the room, leaving Eric in there with the Queen was worrying but I was sure he would do just fine.
There was a corner in the hallway where no one usually goes to and is usually dark. I've actually never told anyone but I have depressing memories relieved there. I turned by the spoken corner of the hallway and slid down by the wall after getting far enough so that people wouldn't be able to hear me.
I sobbed pitifully.

What am I going to tell Snow?

Depressing thoughts flipped through my mind continuously and repetitively to the point that I released many many sobs and turning the volume down as I realized it was getting louder.

I have no power to go against the queen... I knew the relationship would never last long. It was.. obvious, yet somewhere in me thought that it would last at least a few months..
.
.
.
Over the past few weeks, I had been avoiding Snow in matters of not taking the chores that were given in turns for sending Snow his meals. If he does somehow talk to me, I usually answer shortly or pretend I didn't hear him.. However this was not possible as he actually always end up in front of me and stopping me to greet me again. Answering with a slight smile was the only thing I ever did when I have no choice.. After that, I always excuse myself from him as I am busy.

If I'm not doing well... Then I don't know what is. This is the hardest thing I've ever done!

Snow has started to look disappointed as I have 'no time' for him..

Please don't hate me too much.. Because I'm hurting as well.

^     ^     ^     ^
(A/N):
HELLO DEAR PEOPLEEE!!! Thanks to you all! *drum roll* THIS BOOK HAS REACHED 7K READS!!! Cheers everyone!! Let's toast to this joyous moment~ 🥛 I'm still young so I'll toast with milk 😂

Have a good day everyone and please Vote, Comment and share~ 😷🐼