Chapter 6

I didn't even bother to eat breakfast this morning... I didn't have the appetite.

Should I just ask Eric for a week off? I want to be there for my grandma until she.. leaves,...after all.

I can't seem to believe my grandma is really going away.. I know I can't do anything about it and I know the doctor wasn't lying to me. It's just that suddenly getting such shocking news is just unbelievable.

I haven't cried since I came home from the hospital. Although, I feel like my feet are just taking me to work for daily basis and then they just won't stop. Staying at home waiting for the hospital until it's opened feels stupid, I should work when I can.. right?

"Oh my~ (y/n) good morning! Your lips look so dry! Here, I have some really effective lip balm that I got from The Mystic Shop the other day." Dahlia greeted and took out a peachy pink colored lip balm from her skirt pocket.
She started to apply some on my chapped lips. Very nice of her :)

"Thank you Dahlia~ I appreciate it.. It's just that I haven't been thinking about drinking water at all haha~" I said.

"Dear.. Did something happen?? Your eyebags are sure to be noticed by everyone!" She asked with worry.

"Yeah, I'm fine! It's just that I have trouble sleeping yesterday because of the night shift I worked at 2 days ago." I replied.

"Hmm.. Well anyway~ Mr. Eric there has been looking for you all morning! I feel there's something going on between you two for him to be looking for you almost everyday, right??" She smiled from ear to ear.

"Heh..! You wish.. Eric is just probably going to complain about one of the work I did he assigned for me last time." I said, trying to reason with her.

"I can't help it (y/n).. His eyes only look like that whenever he looks at you! Haven't you noticed anything yet? My.. You are very dense aren't you?" She sighed and walked away.

Hmph.. The only thing I ever expect from him is hateful words. Him liking me? That's just a plain stupid assumption right there! Besides, only Snow could pull off saying anything cheesy and sweet without anyone cringing honestly.

The surroundings everywhere felt very cold.. I wonder why. I tried not to let it get to me and placed my belongings in the staff room.

"Purrr..!"

?

I looked down at my leg and saw the hairy little beast.

"WAHHH!!!!!" I shouted in fright. I fell down right on my bum.

I'm getting tired of falling down like this..

I stared at it for awhile and saw that it was actually pretty cute. I reached my hand out hesitantly but the baby tiger motioned it's head towards my bare hands. It's fluffy ears twitched as it heard it's name being called and looked back.

"Elvres! Please stop for a minute!" A black haired prince ran down the majestic stairs.

"O-oh! Snow!" I stood up right away and bowed, "Would you like anything today?"

"(y/n)..!" He said as his face lit up to see me, "It's only been two days but I missed you already! I thought, where is (y/n) today? And did she go back home safe? Since we parted." He then picks up his beloved Elvres.