Chapter 14

"Don't even bother getting up. I'll save you the effort by sending someone to kick you out of this castle." She said and supposedly making a sign to a maid behind her.

"W-wait! My Queen, I followed your orders so why are you kicking me out now?!" I asked with more tears falling from my eyes, wondering how that's even possible from the endless amount already.

She strutted away with her back facing me. I felt so lost.. I immediately got up and ran towards her but was pulled by the maid who was in charge of kicking me out.
I pulled away from her as forcefully as I could and tried to catch up with the Queen. She took a glance at me.

"Ugh.. I am already sick from looking at your face! You should stop now before I call the palace guards and send you to prison." Seeing me with eyes that were so intense that I could have attacked her at any moment, she called the palace guards to send me to prison. "Go rot elsewhere! Guards take her to the prison.. She need not be seen by anyone at all. She is worse than a peasant!" She ordered and made her way upstairs.

I could see so many familiar faces staring at me in shock as I was being dragged away.

I'm so scared! What's going to happen to me now?! Snow...! Oh how much I wish you were here and witnessed why I was so cruel to you!

"Please let me go!" I shouted and tried to get out of their strong grip.

My sobs were from the frustration and wariness from my heart.

Just what are they going to do me?!

My eye caught the ever so annoying and sleek figure, Eric.. But in that moment I wished he would come and stop the guards from taking me to prison! ... However unlikely that is.

In shame from all the stares I got, I turned my head down and decided that I couldn't really do much at this point.

It's really silly of me... I never should have even talked to the prince! I was wrong for even thinking that I could be friends with him since the beginning! Now the punishment has been given to me.. I have nothing left to lose anyway.. Grandma is gone and my parents are nowhere to be found.. Snow has probably given up all hope in me and would never want to speak to me again.. He wouldn't even want to have a glance of me at all. Perhaps dying is the best choice. My parents are probably enjoying life with their other partners or they're probably dead and better yet, I can meet grandma! Oh how I have missed her warm hugs..

I was thrown into the prison cell and I covered myself. It was cold here.. I looked around and noticed a small little gap right above me seeming bigger than it is due to the small perimeter of the cell. I slowly positioned myself by lying on my back.. It's very quiet here.. The only living being I could see was a man with burgundy colored hair, sleeping right across my cell. The other cells were blocked from my view because of the walls of my cell.

The man was probably in his early 30s from the looks of it.. I couldn't see his eyes at all.. It was covered by his bangs. Though his bangs covered his eyes, the rest of it was pretty short. Maybe it was his preferred style?

I crawled to the back of the cell and rested my shoulder on the hard walls. I closed my eyes and immediately fell asleep, feeling too tired to even worry too much.

I hate this so much... It's better if I hadn't exist at all.

.
.
.
"Hey... You..!" Someone whispered.

I lazily opened my eyes and realized that the one who was calling me was the man across my cell.

"Look! I don't have a lot of time and I need you to do something for me!" He pleaded and looked around cautiously.

I looked at his handcuffs, trailing to his arms which were filled with scars. My eyes widened.

Are they going to torture me like him?!

The thought of it made me feel like throwing up and naturally, my feet were frozen as hell!

"Could you please distract the guard that's going to come here soon? I can get you out of here if you'd do that for me!"

"W-what?! Get out?.."

"Yeah! So when the guard comes by to pick me up you distract him..! Seducing him is the easiest option!"

"Uhh... Seducing?? Is that really necessary..?" I asked, "Actually never mind.. I'll be on the Queen's blacklist forever after escaping from this place.."

"Look! You are already in her blacklist! Everyone here is blacklisted from the whole country!... It won't make much of a difference if you were to get out from this crappy cell."

After a few moments of quietness, the man asked, "Why are you here anyway? The Queen has never prisoned a lady before."

Playing with the hay on the ground, I wondered if I should speak of my relation with the Prince. I might tell him if the reason he was prisoned was more sinful than mine.. (Author's note: I don't think anything is more sinful than killing a person so... Yeah, in most cases, they are prisoned for something more sinful than getting the prince to fall in love with you.)

"Tell me why you're imprisoned and I'll tell you mine." I offered.

We heard the keys clanging as distant steps were approaching our cells. He grabbed the bars of his cell forcefully and looked at me.

I can't even see his eyes... But obviously he was looking at me.

"Remember the plan! You seduce the man or at least just flirt with him a little so I can knock him out and get his keys! Please... I've been stuck here for ages and I am sick of all the whippings I get..!" He pleaded.

I gulped and before I could utter a word, the guard arrived. He stops in front of the weird haircut man and opened the lock with his keys.

"No funny business, Ignis." The guard warned him and pulled open his chamber doors.

"I wouldn't dare to." He answered as he went out from his cell.

When the guard was locking his cell back, Ignis nodded his head to signal that he was ready.

B-but! What if this man did something really horrible and unforgiving?! What if he killed a thousand people and robbed a bank or something? If I help him, I'm more of a sinner than this man..!

The man named Ignis turned his head towards me seeming agitated.
I sighed and called the guard.

• • • •

Hey guys! I took a long time because I just came back from my holidays~ It was busy everyday and honestly, SORRY FOR BEING SUPER LATE YOU KNOW LIKE USUAL 🙏

Hoping that these next few chapters will turn out well!

Thanks for reading~ 😷🐼