chapter 12

Riley P.O.V

What the hell just happen...

My head was spinning with answers to the event that just occurred. Everything went so fast my mind had tried to process it, but that just made my head hurt even more.

Niall can't know...

Should have I just told him? No.

Maybe, I was bit to harsh on him, it wasn't;t his fault. Yes.

He's the one who should have kept his mouth shut. Ugh! Why did I even bring the stupid book?! I'm so stupid!

As my head started spinning once more, I stopped thinking about to prevent a major headace from coming. After that little out-burst I had back there and basically disappeared, I didn't want to go to the rest of my classes for the rest of the day. I walked to the parking lot where 'my car'... Well, not really my car, It's just a car my mom left to me before she went on another of her business trips.

As, I made my way to the silver car. I opened the door and climbed inside and shut the door immediately slamming it shut. I rest my forehead against the steering-wheel and let out a sigh. I looked to my right where my bag lay. I unzipped the zipper to reveal a pile of books and homework to be ignored. 

I rummaged through my messy backpack until I found what I was looking for. 

'The Outsiders

I let out a sigh of relief that it was still in there. I pulled it out careful not to rip the already-torn pages. This book might to some people seem to be an old, tattered book... Some people like Niall... My mined taunt me, I shook my head not wanting to think of that. I put all my focus back onto the book. I smiled happily...

"our book, right Riley?", I smiled at the fond memory of Diana and I. Its feels good to think her name without feeling weird in my stomach, sort of a... Relief, like I'm moving on from everything and starting soon. I knew that probably won't be happening for a long time. 

A knock on the car door window made me jump a little, snapping me out of my thoughts. I looked up to see none other than Niall. I rolled my eyes and ignored him, I turned my attention back to the book I had in my hands. Another knock, followed by another, and another. I got annoyed and rolled down the window for him.

"Jeez! Niall! Can't you see I'm busy! Why don't you go and bother someone else."

"Look, i'm sorry for offending you back there. I don't know, I guess I wasn't thinking right. I had no idea that that book would mean so much to you, even though I don't why and I'm hoping you would tell me why it does... Anyways, I'm really, really, sorry! Can you please forgive me? Even though you might think I'm stupid for skipping class to come here and apologize to you, I really do hope you can forgive me?"

I had my eyes wide open and my mouth slightly agape. Nobody, has ever apologize to me like that. Well, maybe because I just block out any emotions that can come to me as much as possible, besides the point. I collected myself before he noticed, which I highly doubt.

I smiled and rolled my eyes, told him to go around to the passenger side, he smiled like a little kid and ran to the other side. He waited patiently before I rolled down the window, he bent down to my level as I reached over to see him.

"Get in dumb-ass.",I unlocked the door as he opened it immediately, he jumped in while I rolled my eyes at him. 

"Does this mean that you forgive me?", He asked me with little puppy dog eyes. I laughed at him at how he tried to pull off the face, his crystal blue eyes looking a little glossy.