Chapter 23

Niall P.O.V (unedited)

It's been roughly thirty minutes of me trying to find Riley. It's not going so well, it's really weird. 

I hear her but I can't see or find her. I have caught her a couple of times but she just disappears. I'm starting to question if she's even real or not. 

Right now, I'm at the last guest room of the second floor where most of the 'hiding places' are I assume. I check under the bed one last time before making my way out of the room, closing the door behind me as I do so.

I hear something fall and land in a thud. My head snaps up, I listen closely to see if I can hear the sound once more. Rustling and shuffling, follow by a few more thuds. I was making my way towards another room before I heard something, or should I say some one, mutter a curse word. 

I a grin spreads across my face, as I make my way towards the sound, which led me to a closet. The closet was surprisingly small, I wondered how she would've fit in there. I carefully, as too not make any noise as much as possible, and leaned towards the closet.

I heard a faint movements inside and that's when I knew that I have found the jackpot. I heard a faint thump and a 'damn it.' , I stifled a laugh, which wasn't so subtle because as soon as I tried to hold it in, it was soon followed by a gasp.

"I know you're in there Riley, so I suggest you surrender now and pay up.", I said through the white door that was separating me from victory, with a smirk playing on my lips when I heard her groan.

"No! You might have found me, but you need to catch me, therefore, it doesn't count until you physically catch me.", I could see the face she makes when she proves someone wrong, childish.

"Fine. So, I'm just going to wait out here till you come out, which you will...eventually.", I slid down the door, and sat down. I put my ear against the white wall, hearing nothing. I sighed realizing I was going to be here for a long time, she's pretty stubborn.

_______________

Riley P.O.V

I heard Niall sigh and ultimately felt bad, I knew he was going to stay out there for as long as he wanted to, my accusations proved to be correct when I looked under the door only to met with something blocking my way. 

I sighed, not knowing how long I was going to be staying in this somewhat dark, cramped, closet. 

The minutes past by quickly. I think he's been out there and I in here for about thirty minutes or so. Which turned into forty-five, which most likely turned into an hour. An hour. Damn, Niall can be pretty stubborn, usually if it was me, I would've given up at the twenty minute mark but I guess not.

I wanted to come out because the closet was getting sort-of cramped and fussy. Might as well get it over with. I stood up full length about to open the door until I saw Niall's shadow get up and walk away. I frowned, and opened the door without a second thought.

I scanned the corridor and so no sign of him. I hesitantly got out and my eyes squinted at the harsh light coming through the window in front of me. I listen for any movements of any kind.

I waited for what seemed like forever, I heard the front door slam shut, I flinched a bit at the harsh slam. I knew he would leave at some point, I felt really bad. I wanted him to stay so we could hang out, maybe I should go and look for him. 

He needs a ride anyway, so even if he is pissed, I still told him I was going to give him a ride home. I ran down the hall and made my way down the endless flight of stairs, that I silently cursed my mother for suggestion it will be a good idea. I finally walked made it to the bottom and as about to make my way outside when I saw Niall's coat still hanging.