chapter 20

Niall P.O.V

The car ride was a bit awkward. Of course Riley didn't seem to be fazed a bit by it, which was a little weird for me. I guess that's how she handles situations like these, something I'll never be able to do.

We all first go out to eat some lunch together. When we are all done we head out to the mall, Riley goes with Betty and the rest of the girls and I go out with the boys. We agree to meet up at the food court later on.

When it was time to part our ways for the mall, I saw Riley and Betty talking. I didn't want to eavesdrop again because we all know how that turned out....

So, instead, I tried to read their lips to try and understand what they were talking about. It seemed pretty intense and from what I could tell Betty didn't like what Riley was telling her. There was a moment of silence between the two until Betty spoke again. Riley just rolled her eyes and said something back, from what I could see Betty seemed pretty pissed off.

I guess she experienced her sasses. Riley walked away leaving a dumb-stricken looking Betty behind and joined back to our group. A few seconds later Betty came back hot on Riley's heels. They stopped and looked at each other for a few seconds and looked away.

"So, I guess the girls will be going together. While it's just us boys, we'll see each other lets say...in three hours?", I announced, everyone nodded their heads except for the two people. We said our goodbye's and separated ways.

We walked inside a shop that sold clothes. I was looking at some T-shirts when Liam suddenly stood beside me, making me jump a little bit. He laughed while I said some curse words under my breath.

"You scared the hell out of me!", I said while looking back down at my shirts, I found a few that I liked but decided to look for more.

"Well, it's not my fault your to busy thinking about Betty.", he said casually. I stopped a bit and tripped a little on my feet, I looked right back at him with wide eyes. He had a little smirk on his face that made me want to punch it right off, "I'm joking, Niall...but, you have been a little off lately. Like on the ride here, the tension in the car was making me a little claustrophobic.", he chuckled lightly, I laughed a little too because it was kind of true.

"Nah, it's just I got a lot of stuff on my mind right now. To much stress, you know.", I admitted. It was true, and especially what happen before we came here.

"Okay.", he left and went somewhere else. I let out a breath i didn't even know I was holding.

I continued looking for shirts on the rack. When I saw that there wasn't anymore, I made my way to the other side of the shop, taking my shirts that I decided to buy with me. I met Louis, Harry, Zayn, and Liam there.

"Well, took you long enough! We're hungry, let's go.", Zayn said while making his way to the register to buy some clothes he bought, I did the same and we walked out of the shop.

We walked around the mall for a while trying to find the food court. We finally made it with the girls already waiting for us, chatting away. They noticed us and waved us over, when we walked to them we discussed what we're all going to eat.

I waasn't even paying attention, until they asked me what I wanted. I scanned the food court quickly, my eyes settled on a Chinese place. I told them what I had decided, turns out Riley wanted the same thing. We waited in line to grab our food, which was pretty long.

"So, how you been?", I asked trying to keep up a conversation with her. She shrugged and nodded, if it weren't for the chatter and clatter of dishes and people around it would've been extremely awkward.