Chapter 18

Riley P.O.V

"Marie, come on they're going to be back soon. You have to get ready.", Betty came into my room, I had my earphones on but no music playing in hopes that she would see that I'm busy and leave. Sadly, she knew and just kept on talking.

"Maybe I don't want to go now.", I had my eyes closed, I was laying down on my bed with my hands behind my head above my pillow.

"You have to come, it's going to be fun and your mom isn't here. Don't you want to have fun while you still can."

"Betty, you know that my mom isn't going to be coming back for another month, you know how these things work.", I opened my eyes and took off my earphones and sat up. Betty made her way towards my bed and sat next to me. She sighed and put her hands on my shoulder I looked at her and looked right back down.

"I know what your going to talk to me about.", I admit, I heard her take in a breath and her hand slid down off my shoulder and she placed in on her lap.

"You know me so well. But, since you already know where I'm going to this i'll just get it over with, why?"

"What do you mean, why?", I looked at her confused, I furrowed my eyebrows and she raised hers.

"Why, can't you just...accept the fact that Niall just wants to help you.", I looked right back down and swallowed a lump back down that was threatening to come back up. I never really understood why it was so hard for me to just tell someone about how I feel about things and give my honest opinion.

It's always been hard for me ever since Diana. She was literally the only person who I can be myself around and not get judged. Next to Betty, of course. When she died I vowed to myself that there isn't nobody else who can make me be myself again. That's when Niall came and messed my up.

"You, know how hard it is for that to happen and both of us know how that usually ends up...", I trailed off not wanting to continue.

"I know... that's in the past, we need to move on. I did it and I don't understand how it could be so hard for you to do the same. We all did Riley and the fact that your not isn't helping any of us. I mean, when was the last time when you visited or even fucking called her parents and to see how are they?! When was the last time you even said hello to your mother?! How about if you even got up and visited their graves, going to their funerals and saying goodbye isn't how you do it!"

The anger that once again that was boiling up was about to be released is bubbling hot right now. She did not just bring up my fucking dad and Diana. 

"You and I both know how hard it was for them. It wasn't easy for them and it sure as hell, wasn't easy for me. I understand that people die and such, but it isn't easy for anybody, I guess it was easy for you. But, do you even have any fucking idea how it was for me?! WAKING UP AND GETTING A CALL SAYING THAT YOUR BEST-FRIEND OR MIGHT AS WELL SISTER! WAS FOUND DEAD IN HER BATHROOM!! DO YOU KNOW HOW HARD THAT IS! AND THEN FINDING OUT THA-", by this time I couldn't even finish saying what I was saying because I had fallen to the floor, crying and screaming in pain.

"RILEY!! don't do this to me, i'm sorry I didn't mean to push you that far. I didn't know what I was saying, it ws stupid of me. I'm so sorry. Shhh, Riley it's okay. I'm right here Shhh...", she tried to comfort me but I couldn't really hear because of my muffled sobs. She held me tight, hugging me and trying to stop my tears, which where staining her shirt, hoping that her embrace would stop.

This time, it wasn't as bad as when I told Niall about Diana. I guess it's different since he wasn't there for it all and Betty was.

"Im so sorry, Riley. I shouldn't have said that to you. How about you stay here and ill just call them and tell that we aren't going to hang out today.", she told me as soon as I calmed down and could breathe properly. 

"No, it's okay. I'm fine, I still wan't to go.", I sniffed and got up from the floor and made my way to the bathroom, leaving Betty, still on the floor, confused.

When I got into the bathroom I turned on the water and made my way back to my room. Betty wasn't there, I assumed that she went back to her room to get ready as well. I got a towel and made my way back to my restroom. When I got there the mirrors were a bit foggy, signaling that the water was warm enough. 

I took off my clothes and jumped into the shower. I let the warm water run all over my body. Letting the water heat me up and take away some of the stress I had and massage my back and arms, coating my skin with a layer of silkiness. 

Once my hair was wet enough along with my body, I grabbed the new shampoo my mother had bought before she left. The shampoo was done, I washed it off and applied the conditioner. I put soap all over my body and began washing it.

When I was done with my long shower I got out and wrapped a towel around my body. I opened the door, letting the steam go and flow out the room. I went to my dresser and picked out some clothes. I was looking through my shirts in my closet, when I was interrupted by a knocking on the door.

"Betty, I'm almost done.", I called out already knowing who it is. There was a long pause at the door. Assuming that she already left I shrugged it off and continued getting dressed.

I settled for a plain navy-blue shirt and light blue jeans. I combed my hair and left it down since it was too wet to style. I grabbed a hair-tie and made my way downstairs. The whole house seemed empty, I called out for Betty but no answer. 

"Betty?!", I started panicking a bit, I was startled when I heard a slight cough from behind me. I turned around and almost died on who was in front of me.

"Hey, Riley."

"Niall? What are you doing here? Where's Betty?", I looked around frantic to find her.

"She said we needed to talk and just left...", he scratched the back of his neck awkwardly and looked down at his feet shuffling around a bit.

I'm going to fucking murder her.

What are they going to talk about? AHH so many questions?? so little time!!

>>>xxx

please vote and comment and stuff like that.