Chapter 22

Riley P.O.V

"So, how are you going to manage without me being here?", Betty asked me while she put a pancake onto my plate. I took a sip of my orange juice and waited for her to sit across from me on the island that's in the middle of the fairly large kitchen.

"I think we both know the real question here in how are you going to survive without me", I said smirking at her expression, one of her eyebrow is raised and she had a little frown, but nonetheless playful.

"Ha-ha, very funny Riley. Now tell me, what are you going to be doing here in this big-ass house by yourself?", she didn't look at me, she was to busy concentrating on cutting her pancake, drowning it down with milk.

"Nothing much, I might call Sarah over or something.", I lied straight through my teeth, I cant tell Betty that Niall is going to be coming over. I have a feeling that she doesn't really like him.

"Okay, you and I both know that you cant stand her being here without me in the same room.", she said matter-of-fact, which is true. Ever since our little fall-out during summer, we couldn't be in the same room without Betty being there, or someone else.

"True, but that doesn't mean I could at least try and talk to her.", I said while taking a bit out of my bacon that was now cold, but still crispy.

"No, invite someone else, you'll probably kill the poor girl or something.", she said taking a drink of her milk and getting up. Something about what she said got to me and I froze for a bit.

_____________

Betty P.O.V

"I know you're pretty capable of doing that.", I joked around, I put my dishes in the sink and began washing them before leaving,"Please pass me your plate if you're done. I'm gonna go ahead and wash these before I go, since I know it's going to be here for a while if its just you in here."

I turned around because Riley was taking her sweet time, but when I looked to the table where she was currently sitting empty.

"Riley?", I called out. I shut-off the faucet that was still running making more noise than necessary. I shrugged off her sudden disappearance, walked over to the empty seat before walking back, taking the dirty plate with me.

I started scrubbing the remains of the food off the plate when I heard someone call my name, I shook my head thinking I was just hearing things. I heard my name again, but this time more louder, I stopped for a second to hear it again. I heard a faint call of my name and rushed upstairs to hear it again.

I walked down the hall towards Riley mother's room, where I thought I heard my name being called. I didn't hear it inside there, but instead more farther down the suddenly long and creepy hallway. I opened the door to one of the guest rooms and stood in the middle of it waiting for any sort of noise.

I heard the door creak open a little which startled me a bit, I walked to the door and notice a small breeze coming in. A breath I didn't know was let go and I closed the door. I walked over to the closet to inspect the room, when I noticed the window open. I walked across the room and closed it shut, I stayed there looking at the view the window had, it was quite calming. I smiled to myself for being scared. I turned around and what I saw scared the shit out of me.

"FUCKING CHRIST, RILEY! YOU SCARED THE SHIT OUT OF ME!", I yelled, while I felt my heart almost explode out if my chest. Riley stood in front of me in a towel, her hair obviously wet from the shower she just took. 

"S-sorry, y-you sh-should of s-seen your f-face w-when I c-ca-came in!", she said trying to breath while holding her white towel up. She was laughing so hard, I haven't seen her laugh so hard since the longest. It felt nice knowing that she's enjoying herself even though it almost made me die of a heart attack.