chapter 13

Niall P.O.V.

I walked into the house that I was now very familiar with, Riley leading the way. She unlocked the door and pushed it open. I was struck with the smell of warm, baked, goods and a hint of vanilla in the air. I smiled and closed my eyes to savour the sweet-smelling scent that filled this big house.

"Uh, Niall? You okay there?", I opened my eyes to see Riley looking at me with a weird look on her face. I blushed a little and looked down.

"Um, yeah, I'm okay. It's just that your house smells so good right now.", I let out a breathy chuckle, she smiled and nodded towards the kitchen where the smell got stronger and stronger.

"Betty, I'm home."

A thin girl turned around. She had brown hair like Riley's but a bit lighter, her tips were diyed and aqua-greenish color and she was wearing a blue t-shirt with dark blue skinny jeans and black flats. Her eyes wear an electric hazel. She was a little taller than Riley, I thought maybe she was older than her.

"Marie! Oh my goodness! It's been forever. How have you been? I missed you so much?", Betty squealed and hugged her tightly, rocking her gently back and forth. Riley smiled and hugged her back closing her eyes, as if trying to relish the moment while she still can. 

"I'm doing fine Betty. I would like you to meet my friend, Niall. Niall, Betty, Betty, Niall.", She introduced us to each other. I stuck out my hand for her to shake, which she completely ignored and went for a hug. I was shocked at first and I just let her hug me. 

She pulled back and looked at me, smiled and I smiled back. She looked at me and then back at Riley. She did that for a couple of seconds before she stopped and had a huge grin on her face as Riley decided to look back up.

"Your mom isn't here."

"Don't you think I know that? she left this morning before I went to school. I'm actually surprised that she even let you come over."

"I know, your mom... she's stubborn i'll tell you that, so you better be thankful that she even let me through the front gates.", she chuckled again, Riley tagging along with her. I stood there awkwardly shuffling my feet.

"Niall, would you like a piece of cake I baked?", I looked up to see Betty smiling at me offering a piece of chocolate cake to me on a plate. I looked at Riley to wait for her approval, she nodded and I reached out my hand to take the white plate from Betty's hand.

"Oh come on! I don't bite!", Betty said throwing her head back a bit for exaggeration. I chuckled and took the plate from her. Riley, Betty, and I sat down. Each with chocolate cakes, we ate in silence, which wasn't really long.

"Ugh! I'm thirsty, you got any milk?", Betty said patting her stomach.

"Yeah, check the fridge.", Riley said back to her while pointing her fork towards the silver fridge, her sentence came out a bit muffled since she had just out a piece of cake into her mouth. Betty nodded and made her way towards the fridge. She opened it and looked in it for minute before pulling our a gallon of milk, she offered me some which I gladly accepted, Riley had some milk some also.

Soon, all three of us were sitting in the living room watching a movie. Once again 'Grease' I shook my head as I watched Betty and Riley sing obnoxiously with the songs that came out. I laughed along with them. The movie ended and we were just sitting around talking about nothing.

"Hey, Riley. Is it okay if I bring Sarah?", Betty asked to Riley.

"Yeah, sure. I haven't seen her in a while! Maybe we could all hang-out like old times.", Riley responded looking back at Betty, who smiled and walked out of the room to make a phone call. My eyes widen at the realization that there are going to be three girls in here, and I'm the only guy. Don't get me wrong, I'm pretty sure this would be any dude's dream but...no.